The VDI system administrator position will be responsible for all daily activities within the Desktop team including providing tier 1 and 2 workstation management and administration support for all Virtual Horizon infrastructure and physical desktops within the enterprise.
Duties & Responsabilities:
- Work with the direct management and internal teams to ensure both project goals/deadlines are met;
- Process adherence from both a technical, internal standards, and compliance perspective;
- Manage open requests and incidents to ensure all work is delivered on time and with high quality;
- Assist cross-functional engineering teams at WHQ to perform design and engineering for new solutions and the implementation of those solutions;
- Provides technical, operational, and performance analysis for the VDI infrastructure and make recommendations for improvements;
- Assist with planning, implementation and ongoing support of VMware Horizon environment;
- Creating and maintaining scripts to automate processes administration and eliminate manual efforts;
- Champion best practices, documentation, and operational improvements;
- Provide 24 x 7 support for both planned and unplanned activities to minimize disruption to the business.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Associate degree or . Information Systems in computer science, management information systems, or a related field;
- Microsoft MCSE or MCITP Certification – preferred but not required;
- VMWare Certification – preferred but not required.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Minimum 1 – 3 years in a large, enterprise client-server environment;
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff;
- Demonstrate success with administrative time management and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate ability to work productively in teams;
- Demonstrate time management and organizational skills;
- Ability and desire to learn new technical skills quickly;
- Strong troubleshooting skills, and the ability to resolve technical problems on your own;
- Familiarity with backups, Disaster Recovery (DR) and restoration systems;
- Good, general knowledge of Enterprise Windows environment and virtualization technologies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Flexible, positive and team-oriented attitude;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with technical and business partners;
- Strong written, verbal and presentation abilities;
- Able to handle dynamic and high-pressure environment with focus on success and productivity;
- Demonstrate excellent analytical abilities and critical thinking;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, GPO, Roaming Profiles;
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise MS applications including O365 and OneDrive for business;
- Good working knowledge SCCM and JAMF;
- Solid knowledge of Windows 7/10 configuration and administration;
- Good working knowledge and supporting VMware ESXi environment;
- Advanced knowledge of VMWare Horizon – Virtual Desktop Infrastructure;
- General understanding of networking, networking technologies, Windows Firewall;
- Basic knowledge of information security principles;
- Good working knowledge of PowerShell, VBS, Batch scripting;
- Execute tasks as directed around targeted and routine software distributions and patch management;
- Build and deploy software packages to workstations using SCCM/MECM and scripting;
- Daily operations, maintenance, configuration, and compliance reporting in SCCM and JAMF;
- Assist with periodic and routine grooming of inventory databases;
- Provide end-state performance, compliance, and exception reports;
- Troubleshoot issues associated with specific packages or applications, and to be able to investigate solutions in coordination with vendor support.
If interested, please apply at VDI Administrator (bestjobs.eu)