Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Ubisoft’s Data Analytics Department, DNA, is an important technology partner for game production, marketing and business teams. We develop tools, middleware and online solutions used all around Ubisoft. We also provide advisory services for production teams, marketing experts and business analysts that require an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
As part of a group that specializes in game telemetry data collection and processing, the Full-Stack Web Developer will join the team tasked with creating and developing Ubisoft’s main dashboard to bring together the use metrics of all our games in a single access point.
You will design, implement and ensure the smooth operation of web tools, from developing dynamic and engaging UI to solving complex issues related to scalability and big data processing through distributed APIs. By contributing to the corporation’s most extensively consulted application, the developer’s work will impact Ubisoft’s decision makers and, through them, our gamers.
Our TECH Environment:
- Angular, Rxjs, Redux/ngrx, Jest;
- NodeJS (NestJS, Restify);
- Redis/MongoDB/SQL Server for databases;
- Docker/Kubernetes/Gitlab CI for the test and integration pipeline;
- Our tools must also be integrated into several internal APIs.
Your main mission:
- Develop and maintain mainly front-end applications, as well as back-end applications to meet the needs of in-house clients;
- Compile, understand and analyze the product manager’s needs and contribute to the development of new features;
- Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems are in line with project intentions and remain coherent with current code and optimize when required;
- Determine and correct bugs;
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable other users (work units) to understand and use the new systems and features;
- Take part in the team’s daily activities.
What You’ll Bring as Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineer or equivalent training;
- Strong experience in web programming;
- Interest in DevOps (deployment, ongoing integration);
- Ability to understand and account for user needs;
- Dedication to quality expressed throughout the development cycle (through questions, unit tests, etc.);
- Experience with Typescript will be a plus;
- Experience with Java will be a plus.
What You’ll bring as a Colleague:
- Resourcefulness, initiative and ability to resolve issues through elegant and innovative solutions;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Focused on results.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
If interested, please apply at Tools Developer (Full-Stack) (Programming) [ubisoft.com]