At Digital14, trust is at the heart of everything we do just because it is essential to every part of our connected digital world. Whether its enjoying the freedoms of a protected internet, secure transactions or safe communications -we protect, transform and nurture today so that all people can flourish with the freedom to achieve their potential tomorrow. We are Digital14.
Responsibilities of a Technical Writer includes:
- Analyze information needs for projects and help define content requirements.
- Create high-quality documentation about Digital14 products, including getting started guides, how-to articles, and other publications for both end users and administrators.
- Review and edit your own work as well as perform peer-reviews for other members of the team.
- Collaborate with senior staff to identify tasks and responsibilities
- Consistently author accurate content compliant with department and company standards
- Conduct technical reviews with the appropriate engineering and product management teams.
- Research topics to be documented based on information from a variety of sources (engineering, external documentation, and so on).
- Use customer feedback drive content, process, delivery, or accessibility improvement
- Review, assign, and resolve defects and enhancement requests in appropriate defect tracking tools
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technical writing, computer science, or a related technical field.
- 4 years of experience writing technical documentation.
- Mastery of authoring tools, such as XMetaL, FrameMaker, Dreamweaver.
- Experience planning, researching, writing, and editing documents that need to be produced as well as defining the overall structure of the documentation set.
- Ability to deliver quality documentation under tight deadlines with changing product requirements.
- An impressive portfolio of writing samples (preferably writing samples for software products).
- Knowledge of or experience with mobile and SaaS products
- Experience with content management systems and DITA or other structured authoring architectures.
- Experience making videos to support and augment written technical content
- Solid project planning and scheduling experience
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Technical Writer (indeed.com)