What do you want to do?
Are you looking to make an impact in someone’s life, while working in a fast paced environment?
The Technical Support Rep is responsible for handling incoming calls, emails and chat requests received via direct contact or Tech Support line. This position manages calls from 12:30pm-9:00pm EST.
Where you´ll work
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices – products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways.
As a remote employee you will be joining our diverse remote team of more than 130 happy Tobiians. We stretch from coast to coast and are just as diverse in our jobs as our locations. With the luxury of working from your home, and support from our Pittsburgh office, you will be part of empowering people with disabilities to do what they once did, or never thought possible.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our users? Then log on…Job Description
Your days will be filled with:
- Answer incoming calls to the department via the automated call distribution center or direct line and provide callers with needed assistance
- Provide callers with training and troubleshooting support to address problems or concerns
- Respond to email messages and chat requests and work with customers to resolve issues
- Document all calls and interactions including emails and chat requests in the Call Center database
- Arrange for product repairs when necessary
- Update customer demographic or personal information in the database
- Escalate problems/issues to the Supervisor Technical Support when warranted
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
Are you our next Tobiian?
To be successful in this role and at Tobii you need to be an eager collaborator.
We are looking for someone who has:
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree in Information or Computer Science preferred
- 2-3 years technical experience
- Previous Call Center experience a plus
- Familiarity with database applications, spreadsheets, and relational databases a plus
- Win CE operation systems experience preferred
Skills needed to be successful in this position:
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Annunciation and phone etiquette skills
- Ability to adapt communication style to better respond and meet the needs of the caller
- Fluent in Spanish or French a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Word and Outlook
- Windows navigation skills
- Keyboarding skills
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations
- Troubleshooting skills
- Detail oriented
We find it to be a strong merit if you have customer service orientation.
Please address your questions to Jasmine Galindo, email@example.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don’t wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Technical Support Rep (tobii.com)