For our client Ellie Mae who is the leading cloud-based lending platform provider for the US residential mortgage finance industry. I am looking for Technical Engineering Program Manager.
Our Consumer Engagement team is looking for a hands-on engineering leader with technical skills, management experience and a real passion for innovation to help us develop the next generation consumer engagement suite (CES) of products. You will be leading a talented and hardworking team of engineers who work on our market-leading, highly customizable and robust consumer facing web applications and the UI components and related frameworks utilized in our products.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be one of the key leaders on the team who will drive and create the development of CES web applications. This will include determining the best way to build features to ensure scalability, performance and phenomenal user experience. You should be able to conduct strategic conversations with business and engineering leaders and seamlessly roll up your sleeves to contribute to the codebase by way of code reviews and technical direction and lead by example.
The Software Engineering Manager, acts as a leader, coach, and supervisor of a team of Software Engineers, QA Engineers and BA. The Manager manages development projects from initial design through testing while providing strategic management direction. As part of their guiding philosophy, the Manager should drive competitive advantage through improving operational efficiency, empowerment of their staff, effectiveness of service delivery, and customer satisfaction and retention.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of projects with Node.js, React, Angular, Web development, AWS, Full stack design, and architecture.
- Knowledge and experience with agile methodologies.
- Architect software solutions from the ground up per Business and Process-related specifications, and to work within and leverage existing architectures and standards.
- Manage business processes, which, when implemented, will lead to exceptional performance.
- Be responsible for delivering enterprise level design and infrastructure
- Coach, mentor and grow your team to ensure we are meeting the needs of the staff and company in order to maintain productivity and high team morale
- You are expected to work at the architectural and product level, and be able to influence the brightest minds with logic and reasoning
- Carry out SOA governance aligned with industry standards and standard methodologies
- Proactively assess system performance and lead optimizations required to meet product requirements
- Responsible for leading software enhancements, defect correction, integration of features and incremental releases
- Review test results and evaluate for delivery of product requirements
- Work with business analysts to finalize business requirements and product definition
- Partner closely with the Architecture Team and senior technical members on the team
- You will participate in multi-functional projects from conception through product delivery
- 5+ years minimum experience in a Software Engineering and management.
- Good programming skills including experience using Node, React, Angular, CSS and source code control.
- Ability and willingness to get in-depth understanding of existing products and apply that knowledge to develop new products and to deliver enhancements/fixes for customer requirements.
- Hands on experience with CI/CD, design reviews, code reviews, TDD, unit testing, integration/system testing, monitoring, alerting, agile development practices
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and delivery
- Deep knowledge of industry standards and industry best practices for a large, complex consumer facing application
- Experience with security protocols and security best practices
- Full stack experience and knowledge of platform and application layer development processes in a SOA environment is a plus
- Shown success leading teams and developing individuals
- Confirmed experience to influence decisions across functional areas
- Shown success designing robust and scalable production systems
- Prior experience with capacity planning, scalability and performance analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate with developers, project managers, UX, QA and the leadership team
- Master’s degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Private medical & dental care
- Home office money budget
- Attractive relocation package
- Additional days off
- Contract of indefinite duration
- Sports card
- Additional days off due to COVID-19 issues
- Clear career path
- Employee referral system
- Budget 20000 – 25000 PLN gross