The Technical Art Director is a key profile in our team, responsible with researching, inventing and selecting the technical means needed to express the Creative Vision of the project, while respecting the overall Art Direction.
- The Technical Art Director has four main focuses during production, which are highly inter-dependent:
- The Art Technologies used in the project
- The art assets creation Process
- The art assets final technical Quality
- The Performance of the game
- Works together with the other teams inside the project to identify or invent the technical art features needed to express the creative vision;
- Selects, prepares and adapts the art tools used in production;
- Defines and validates the art workflow and art content pipeline of the project;
- Establishes the technical art constraints of the project;
- Manages the focus and development of the Technical-Art team members.
- Experience in at least one full videogame production, in an art supervision role (Director, Lead);
- Experience with other types of digital art creation pipelines is also relevant.
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Very good management skills with ability to keep track of multiple threads;
- Great communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Training and tutoring skills;
- Significant experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- Detailed knowledge of the technical constraints of engines and the different game platforms;
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
- Good knowledge of 2D and 3D graphic software;
- Knowledge of an asset management system (ex : Perforce, VSS, Alienbrain);
- Knowledge of a programming language is considered a plus;
- Knowledge of scripting languages is also considered a plus;
- Ability to create technical documentation;
- Knowledge and Interest in the following tech-art areas:
Shading/ Scripting/ Lighting/ Rendering and Post-Effects/ Special FX / Rigging and animation / Physics simulations;
- Fluency in English.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
- We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
- If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
- You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
- If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
If interested, please apply at Technical Art Director (ubisoft.com)