For our client Ellie Mae who is the leading cloud-based lending platform provider for the US residential mortgage finance industry. I am looking for Tech Team Lead Java.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Development Manager is responsible for managing and mentoring the development team working on the products. This includes establishing and enforcing development processes/procedures and guiding best practices. You will be leading a dynamic development team and collaborating with other teams, developers, management and customer support. You will participate in designing and developing services utilized across product lines. All our products are deployed in public (AWS) and/or private cloud environments.
The ideal candidate for this role is a software engineer with strong technical knowledge and experience in building modern, scalable applications in a micro-services architecture with good communication, mentoring, and leadership skills.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead/Manage a team of developers on both new feature development and issue fixing. Coach direct staff towards career goals, assign tasks, and monitor performance.
- Engage hands-on in technical design discussions and advise/unblock developers when they hit roadblocks.
- Guide technical strategy with consideration for the latest trends and technologies.
- Ensure high-quality code via design reviews, code reviews, and proper unit test coverage.
- Work closely together with the team leads from product management, QA, user experience, program management, and technical publications using Agile methodology. This includes participating in release planning and regular sprint planning, grooming, demos, retrospectives, UE reviews, and scrum.
- Work closely with other teams that support product dependencies.
- Report status on project deliverables to upper management and mitigate risks as they arise.
- Expertly able to analyze the needs and requirements of existing and proposed solutions. Develop technical specifications.
- Responsible for highly sensitive or critical problem determination. Able to diagnose complex developmental & operational problems and develop a change management process. Able to recommend upgrades & improvements at a component level.
- Identifies both benefits and detriments for proposed solutions. Maintain a broad experienced-based understanding of business and impact of industry trends.
Basic Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of overall experience in design, development and deployment of high volume applications.
- Excellent leadership skills working with and resolving people related issues, as well as technical challenges.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Strong experience with applications development techniques including Java 8+, Apache Kafka, AWS, Docker.
- History of building resilient, stateless, scalable, distributed and observable systems.
- Experience in building services (REST and SOAP) with high focus on performance.
- Familiarity with microservices and knowledge of modern cloud services (AWS).
- Practical perspective on software engineering discipline, focus on learning and delivering, and passion for high quality.
- “You build it – You own it” mentality is a must. Sense of ownership is paramount to achieving success.
- Excellent communication skills with a positive, collaborative working style.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Masters degree is preferred.
- Private medical & dental care
- Home office money budget
- Attractive relocation package
- Additional days off
- Contract of indefinite duration
- Sports card
- Additional days off due to COVID-19 issues
- Clear career path
- Employee referral system