Zendesk is a service-first CRM company that builds powerful, customizable software designed to improve customer relations. At Zendesk, we encourage growth, innovation and believe in giving back to the communities we call home.
We’re growing the Observability team as we continue to invest in our observability practices and tooling at Zendesk. As an Engineering Team Lead, you will help grow and lead the team while partnering with Product Management to craft and execute the Observability roadmap. Youll ensure team happiness and performance while keeping them focused on high impactful observability initiatives. You will utilize both your leadership and technical expertise to partner with, guide, educate, enable and empower hardworking engineering teams throughout Zendesk to successfully observe and monitor the behavior of their systems and services. This is a hugely impactful role since you cant fix and improve what you cant see and measure!
What you get to do every day:
- Recruit, onboard, support, mentor, coach, and retain talented engineers
- Participate in designing, developing, and evolving Observability at Zendesk scale
- Define and own the teams roadmap in partnership with the Technical Lead and Product Manager
- Define processes that improve the delivery, risk management and cost management of the team
- Encourage innovation within the team and work on constantly improving the wellbeing and productivity of the team.
- Aware of when things are “right” or “wrong” and are able to effectively communicate and influence requirements
- Analyze the shortcomings of existing systems and propose alternatives
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 5+ years in software development
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- Active listening skills and empathy towards your team members
- Build trust and provide continuous constructive feedback to the team
- Ability to bring the team together on common objectives
- Experience architecting, improving, and operating large scale distributed systems
- Experience with message bus and log aggregation systems, public cloud, and Kubernetes
- The ability to lead, partner, and collaborate cross functionally across an engineering organization
- Experience with managing high scale telemetry systems a plus
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Team Lead, Software Engineering – Observability (glassdoor.com)