Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Job SummarySystems Engineer performs tier three systems support in accordance with SIE OPORD.
Engineer II – Federal (aka Systems Engineer) performs tier three systems support in accordance with SIE OPORD. In addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government’s software and hardware, System Engineers need advanced analytical, troubleshooting and design skills. Has ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users is essential. System Engineers must be familiar with systems engineering process and data as a fundamental building block for performance improvement. Participation in working groups, design reviews and system tests is required. System Engineer will help generate assessments, as well as develop and implement actionable recommendations based on reviews. Candidates require extensive knowledge of development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance. Because of the broad range of demands that System Engineers must meet, candidates who have demonstrated strong project planning skills are preferred.Job DescriptionGENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to focus on engineering from a performance perspective
- Familiarity with system engineering processes and techniques
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Working as a strong team contributor, and providing technical expertise
- Working with the Government to understand their requirements and evaluate possible technical solutions
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software components
- Performing installation, maintenance, and support of system software and hardware
- Configuring, debugging, and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms
- Performing high-level root cause analysis in support of service interruption recovery, as well as creating and documenting preventive measures
- Engineering enterprise data, voice and video networks
- Establishing and operating network test facilities
- Experience with the delivery of enterprise data center services to a large, mission critical infrastructure
- Ensure future Group Policy enhancements or changes continue to provide quality service to customers and do not impact in a negative way the ability to provision and support Group Policy services
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Web portals/PKI/Networking/Web applications/Databases/Service-oriented architecture/System design methodologies/Messaging services/Continuity of Operations and Disaster Recovery/Directory services/Storage
- Define services from a day-to-day operations perspective; establish standards for their service
- Build operational Operations and Maintenance checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly Operations and Maintenance checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes and Standard Operating Processess associated with service checklists
- Subject Matter Expert for future enhancements of services
- Testing of vulnerability and remediation process associated with service
- Bachelors or Equivalent in Engineering General
- Associates or Equivalent in Engineering General
Requisition #: 207632
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Systems Engineer II- Federal [glassdoor.com]