Daikin Europe is looking for a (senior) System Engineer to support our Cloud and App Development with IT infrastructure and supporting tools.
In Ghent, Daikin Europe develops embedded software and hardware, and also works on cloud and app development for the newest Daikin products. As a system engineer you design and develop the IT infrastructure for this department. You also make sure the IT infrastructure is future proof and evolves continuously with the newest requirements.
As a System Engineer, you will be responsible for the standardization and consolidation of our projects. You will make sure to build the most lean architecture, to balance the cost and performance and this for the EMEA Cloud solutions.
After introduction and training, these will be your key tasks:
- Managing the IT infrastructure for our Cloud services and related support tools.
- Working closely together with other team members of our application development group as well as with our dedicated technology suppliers and implementation partners.
- Analysing risks and possible impact of the changes
- Defining details of the implementation and test scenarios
- Drawing up the necessary technical documentation.
- Monitoring the (Project) planning.
You’ll be able to work on the following technologies:
- Server infrastructure (Cloud IaaS, Windows, Linux: Red Hat,…)
- Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
- Application virtualisation: Docker containers & OpenShift
- Monitoring: Centreon (Nagios)
- DevOps Tools: Ansible, Terraforms, etc..
- Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- You have a Master’s degree in computer science.
- You have several years of relevant business experience.
- You have experience in project management or at least have the skill to coordinate the activities of the several in/external parties involved in an project.
- You already have knowledge of some of the above mentioned technologies or at least you have the eagerness to learn
- You are self-directing and can bring structure in our fast growing organisation.
- You can think on a conceptual level and have a clear vision on the advantages that new technologies can bring to our daily life.
If interested, please apply at System Engineer (indeed.com)