QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Responsible for both the design, development and implementation of short- and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure, and the management of the IT infrastructure within an organisation. Builds competitive advantage by leading the development and use of technology – reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Also includes roles involved in providing technology support for day-to-day operations and providing technical support for various applications and/ or systems.
Provide the technical expertise needed to support day-to-day operations. This includes leading efforts to design, maintain and audit the rapidly growing system and server topology that must meet the needs of a challenging set of development, operations and business requirements. Work closely with the senior systems administrator to demonstrate innovative approaches to solving the unique challenges encountered at a rapidly expanding organization.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Implement automated scripts for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Maintains Microsoft infrastructure including the organizations messaging systems.
- Perform daily monitoring and management of the backup implemented for internal customers; monitor backup jobs, execute restore jobs, troubleshoot failed jobs, and initiate corrective action.
- Perform problem management and incident correlation on re-occurring issues; suggest and document workarounds and solutions.
- Perform daily SAN Storage operational tasks, LUN/space provisioning, monitoring, troubleshoot issues (e.g. latency, etc), and initiate corrective action.
- Monitor the disaster recovery services, implementation of disaster recovery solutions, and execution of periodic disaster recovery tests.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Applications/Information Systems or related discipline.
- Systems Certification is required (MCSE, VCP, etc.).
- 3-5 years experience in Systems Administration.
- Knowledge of windows system administration, and storage technologies including san and windows storage environments.
- Knowledge of virtual computing, VMWARE, in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated systems administration skills with windows servers in an enterprise environment.
- Team-working skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at System Engineer (indeed.com)