Maintain and administer Omnix servers and systems running on Windows or Linux. The candidate will be responsible to install, configure, manage, upgrade, and troubleshoot Omnix IT hardware, software, and networking components, as well as ensure all computing operations are running with optimal performance, security, and efficiency of IT infrastructure. The candidate will be required to follow service management best practices for planning and managing service capacity, availability, and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and ensure stability, security, availability, and scalability of installed Windows and Linux systems.
- Plan and execute systems and servers’ upgrades with IT manager and business owners.
- Plan and execute installation, upgrade, and patching activities for systems and servers ensuring coordination with solution owners, downtime approvals, coordinating backup and recovery activities to ensure business continuity during production major changes.
- Manage Active Directory, Azure Active directory, and mail servers configuration.
- Follow business continuity plans to coordinate with backup and storage admin to plan and execute backup activities, golden copies, failover backups, DR setup.
- Participate, develop, and execute DR setup, failover plans, failover drills to ensure business continuity measures for critical business and technology servers
- Ensure timely patching, hardening, and product lifetime alerts for all servers to timely raise monthly upgrade or patching plans for servers environment.
- Maintaining server architecture security and review servers network deployment following multi-layer tier architecture as per best practices.
- Ensure strict control on users access, server access rights, VPN, and file-sharing services in line with IT policies and procedures.
- Monitor daily performance of systems and servers, troubleshoot issues and escalate if required.
- Troubleshoot systems and server issues, raise tickets with operating systems and hardware technology providers, engage technology partners as per support contracts, and timely escalate.
- Follow incident response processes for reporting incidents, analyzing and documenting RCA for Major incidents, escalating it and reporting.
- Conduct periodical capacity reviews for servers and data centre resources to identify upgrade needs.
- Develop annual upgrade plans including technical specs required as an input to Omnix IT annual budget.
- Reviewing system error logs and user-reported errors.
- Coordinate with Omnix technology and service partners to work closely on troubleshooting systems issues, deployment of new solutions, conduct assessment, troubleshoot issues.
- Ensure security of IT datacenter assets in custody following security measures (physical and cyber) to avoid compromise of own access details or access cards.
- Timely respond and update service desk tickets to respond to issues raised by end-users, service owners, or service desk engineers.
- Support and participate in Omnix projects within the scope of responsibilities.
- Perform any other duties related to the job as assigned by the Line Manager.
- Participate in documenting and enforce IT governance frameworks, policies, and procedures across Omnix.
- Participate in documenting and enforce Information Security policies and procedures across Omnix.
- Monitor and report on Omnix servers and systems SLAs / KPIs related to availability, incidents, incidents response, patching reviews, and timely resolution of support tickets
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/ Information systems / Computer Science or its equivalent
- Preferably Microsoft, ITIL, or Azure Certified (Certifications MCSA and MCSE)
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in a related field
If interested, please apply at System Administrator (indeed.com)