Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences.
Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Info Sec Engineer III – Federal (aka Systems Administrator) performs tier one and two network support in accordance with SOCOM Information Enterprise (SIE) Operational Order (OPORD).
Info Sec Engineer III – Federal (aka Systems Administrator (SA) performs tier one and two network support in accordance with SOCOM Information Enterprise (SIE) Operational Order (OPORD). SA requirements vary depending on system complexity, types of operating and network systems being supported, and size of organization. A background in the specific types of hardware and software systems used by the Government is required. SA must possess strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government’s systems. SA monitors and controls one or more mid-range application servers, studies program operating instructions to determine equipment setup and operations, and continuously observes operation of assigned applications and storage devices to monitor system operation and determines the point of failure. SA manipulates systems in accordance with standard procedures to continue operations when individual units of a system malfunction. SA confers with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event that errors require a change of instructions or sequences of operations. SA maintains operating records such as machine performance and production reports.
- Strong communication skills and effective listening skills
- Capable of independent work with little to no supervision
- Function as part of a team and can follow processes and procedures
- Self-disciplined, self-starter who can successfully identify, resolve, and communicate issues with systems infrastructure and applications
- Professional experience with server operating systems, server management, backup systems, and server security software
- In-depth knowledge of server hardware from vendors such as HP, Dell, IBM, and Cisco to include rack and blade solutions
- Ability to manage local and remote server environments, to perform system maintenance of applications and infrastructure
- 4 years of SCCM experience
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installing operating system software, patches, and upgrades
- Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring operating system software and hardware
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, software, and networking issues
- Performing system backups and recovery
- Conducting server builds
SPECIALTY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and address performance degradations, outages, and risks associated with monitored services
- Communicate issues to appropriate stakeholders in a clear, concise, and timely manner
- Engage additional support levels in a timely manner to minimize down time
- EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of four years of Systems Administrator experience
- CERTFICATION REQUIREMENTS: MCSA
- TRAVEL: Some CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Lifting up to 25lbs. Extended periods of sitting
- CompTIA Security+
Bachelors or Equivalent Associates or Equivalent
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at System Administrator III – Federal – Tampa, FL [glassdoor.com]