Zendesk is a service-first CRM company that builds powerful, customizable software crafted to improve customer relations. At Zendesk, we encourage growth, innovation, teamwork, and believe in giving back to the communities that we call home.
As a Staff Software Engineer on our team, you will help us build the future of our Customer Experience and Product extensions by crafting, building, and maintaining web applications, API services, and integrations. You will work closely with cross-functional business partners to envision, develop, and maintain innovative solutions that help scale and extend our business capabilities to better, and more efficiently, serve our customers.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and business partners to craft efficient and scalable solutions that address business needs.
- Develop and maintain web applications and services primarily built in Ruby on Rails and React.
- Influence architectural decisions to help achieve resilience and robustness, balanced by the reality of our business strategy.
- Review code submissions of your colleagues and participate in defining best practices for the team.
- Learn and use new technologies that fit in our problem domain and improve our capabilities.
Skills & Experience:
- BS Computer Science degree with 3+ years of experience
- Expert coding skills in Ruby on Rails and React.
- In-depth knowledge of the Zendesk developer platform (RESTful APIs, Zendesk App Framework, and Sunshine developer platform).
- Outstanding analytical skills, particularly in understanding and working with a variety of REST APIs and data models.
- Proficiency in the ability to break down sophisticated business requirements into tasks that ensure deliverability of valuable increments.
- Proven expertise in web application development (back-end and front-end), cloud architecture, software development life cycle, and agile development practices.
- Detailed problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What makes you extra special:
- You are passionate about writing elegant, readable, and well-tested code.
- You have experience building integrations between one or more APIs.
- You have experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- You know your way around AWS products and services.
- You are excited to provide and receive continuous feedback to help the team regularly improve.
- You are passionate about working with a highly-collaborative team to tackle outstanding problems.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Staff Software Engineer- Customer Experience Systems (glassdoor.com)