In The Pocket is a digital product studio that creates digital products for other companies and offers services that support digital product development. We position ourselves as a true partner for our customers, focusing on their business success and delivering high quality digital products by applying state-of-the-art industry best practices. As of 2019, we’re an ISO 27001:2017 certified company, underlining our commitment to information security.
To support our continued growth, In The Pocket is looking for a SRE engineer to support our efforts to continuously improve and scale the quality, reliability and efficiency of our IT infrastructure and our IT operations.
- Continuously improve the efficiency and reliability of our IT operations by applying software engineering practices (CI/CD, infrastructure-as-code, configuration-as-code, automation,…)
- Continuously improve the quality, security and reliability of our IT infrastructure (intelligent monitoring, log aggregation, incident management, disaster recovery, automated actions,…)
- Assist our product teams in setting up and improving their CI/CD and DevOps processes.
- Help to ease the pressure on our internal IT support, by rethinking processes, applying automation and facilitating self servicing in a secure way.
- You’re either a software engineer with a high affinity for infrastructure, or a system/infrastructure engineer with a high affinity for software engineering.
- You have experience with software engineering practices such as CI/CD and you’re able to automate processes through scripting or engineering.
- You understand the challenges posed by the “ops” in DevOps and preferably, you have prior experience with them.
- You’re driven by continuous improvement and you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo with new ideas (or to be challenged by others). You value continuous, smaller improvements over discrete big bang changes.
- You enjoy helping your colleagues, share your knowledge and learn new things yourself.
- Prior experience with or knowledge of Gitlab CI, Terraform, Ansible, Google Cloud, Docker or Kubernetes are big plusses.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle,it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.
If interested, please apply at SRE Engineer (indeed.com)