Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences.
Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Sr Lead Project Manager will oversee and manage the implementation and operational support of next-generation 9-1-1 services. Candidate must have a strong telecom background, successful history of leading cross functional teams, understand state contracts, and extensive experience dealing with government customers.
The Main Responsibilities
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and implementing multiple strategic, complex projects with successful results
- Manage scope, schedule, resources, and budget simultaneously
- Experience defining and documenting processes and driving continuous improvement using measurement/metrics data
- PMP Certification desired
- ITIL Certification desired
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Word
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree
- US Citizenship preferred
- 7 to 10 years of Program and/or Project Management experience in the telecommunications industry
- Extensive experience in the deployment of 9-1-1 solutions
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Direct customer interaction with increasing responsibilities in a project or program management
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete an online assessment immediately after applying. Completion of the online assessment is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the assessment. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Sr Lead Project Manager [glassdoor.com]