Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
We are looking for a Software Tester on Web domain, part of the Technology Group team, to look over an entire project’s lifecycle, provide first-line support and advanced tests, as well as be the central point of contact for the assigned product(s) within Ubisoft’s Technology Group.
The Technology Group is the primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware, and online solutions used in Ubisoft games and services. We also provide advisory services to production teams that request an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
You will be working in a fast paced international environment together with a team with a great passion for testing and quality on a wide range of specialized tools used for game development.
Your main mission:
• Identify and report software defects and usability concerns;
• Validate defect corrections;
• Support programmers in issue resolution;
• Create, maintain, and run test plans;
• Create and maintain test documentation;
• Create and send reports to stakeholders;
• Assist in defining acceptance test automation planning;
• Assist in implementing basic automated acceptance tests;
• Assist with first-line support for the product;
• Collaborate and coordinate with peers across the globe;
• Assist in training and/or producing tutorials to teach the basic features of the tools;
• Determine missing or inadequate processes in an effort to provide quality service.
What You’ll Bring as Experienc:
• 2 years’ experience in a similar position;
• Excellent English Skills;
• Knowledge of defect tracking software (Jira or similar);
• Knowledge of software testing principles and working methodologies;
• Knowledge of test management software (TestRail, X-Ray, or similar);
• Knowledge of test automation practices and software (TDD, BDD, Ranorex, Selenium, or similar);
• Familiarity with Source Control Management software (Git/GitLab, Perforce, or similar);
• Understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and production tools;
• Knowledge of API testing
• Experience with Postman, SoapUI or other similar testing tools;
• Experience with web applications
• Ability to understand and edit a JSON/XML file;
• Ability to read and understand a log file.
What you’ll bring as a Colleague:
• Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Good organizational skills and able to manage priorities;
• Autonomy, ability to work with minimal guidance
• Ability to exercise good judgement and decision-making.
Would be a plus:
• Basic understanding of a scripting language (Python etc.), databases and networks (SQL, MongoDB, or similar);
• Familiarity with Server/Client architecture;
• Previous interaction with Behavior Driven Development languages, like Gherkin, and tools, such as Cucumber or Behave, is a big plus;
• Understanding complex applications;
• Be familiar with debugging application.
If interested, please apply at Software Tester – Web Applications (ubisoft.com)