Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
You will be a part of the Technology Group Department. We are the primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in Ubisoft games. We also provide advisory services to production teams that request an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
The TG Software Test Team is comprised of tech-savvy individuals with a great passion for testing and quality. We work in a fast-paced environment, on a wide range of niche tools used for game development.
In the Software Tester for Web Applications role, you will work mostly with Web applications developed for different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari etc.) in this role you will verify the UI and functionalities of the applications but also have the opportunity to use the development console from the browser to identify errors or even do API testing using Postman or other frameworks (Behave, Cucumber etc.).
Your main mission:
- Identify and report software defects and usability concerns;
- Validate defect corrections;
- Support programmers in issue resolution;
- Create, maintain, and run test plans;
- Create and maintain test documentation;
- Create and send reports to stakeholders;
- Assist in defining acceptance test automation planning;
- Assist in implementing basic automated acceptance tests;
- Assist with first-line support for the product;
- Collaborate and coordinate with peers across the globe;
- Assist in training and/or producing tutorials to teach the basic features of the tools;
- Determine missing or inadequate processes in an effort to provide quality service.
What You’ll Bring as Experienc:
- Knowledge of software testing principles and working methodologies;
- Significant experience in Quality Assurance (troubleshooting, testing)
- Knowledge of defect tracking software (Jira or similar)
- Experience with troubleshooting configuration files (.xml, .ini), windows services, crash reporting;
- Knowledge of test management software (TestRail, X-Ray, or similar);
- Knowledge of test automation practices and software (TDD, BDD, Selenium, Cypress, Ranorex or similar)
- Familiarity with Source Control Management software (Git/GitLab, Perforce, or similar);
- Advanced knowledge of computers (Advanced OS features, VM, Cloud, or similar)
- Ability to read and understand log files;
- Good knowledge of API testing using Postman or SoapUI;
- Knowledge on using the development console in the browser to obtain information about the errors received;
- Understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and production tools;
- Excellent English skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening).
What you’ll bring as a Colleague:
- Excellent communication skills and strong work ethics;
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement and decision making;
- Proactive work manner;
Nice to have:
- Ability to understand and edit a JSON/XML file;
- Basic Knowledge of popular database solutions (SQL, MongoDB);
- Advanced knowledge of using the developers console to obtain information about the web applications;
- Previous knowledge of Behavior Driven Development frameworks (Behave, Cucumber or similar);
- Previous experience in writing test cases in Gherkin language;
- Familiarity with Server/Client architecture;
- Experience with complex applications with multiple components;
- Basic knowledge of Linux OS and Linux commands;
- Experience with debugging applications.
But most of all, we are in need of involved team members who are looking to learn and develop professionally.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should includeyour resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If interested, please apply at Software Tester – Web Applications (Quality Management) [ubisoft.com]