About the job
Are you an experienced software manager and have previous hands-on development? Are you able to manage a portfolio of products and engineering teams in a virtual environment using fully remote teams?
Continue your growth as a leader, maintain your technical edge, and be exposed to different technologies. Be part of an organization that is pushing the limits of software engineering, using cutting edge technologies in the cloud, and working with some of the world’s leading companies to help them make the most of the cloud. Join us and let’s get the cloud revolution started!
What You Will Be Doing
As a part of our team, you will be:
- Using your technical experience as a software architect and developer to understand problems like why releases are delayed, defects escape, and processes break.
- Analyzing data to detect quality failure patterns and writing improvement plans that you will execute once approved. You will love this job if you seek challenges, and are excited by the idea of improving the systems which allow us to ship high-quality software releases and client solutions.
- Working with clients to find unique and high-value solutions to their cloud challenges.
Software Engineering Manager Key Responsibilities
Each week, you will:
- Be accountable for the quality of weekly software releases for enterprise software products and solutions
- Hold the team that reports to you to high standards in how they coach team members and enforce quality bars
- Lead by consistently innovating improvements that improve the quality and reliability of the products and solutions you own
- Partnering with our clients to deliver high-quality solutions that help them make the most of the cloud
Throughout your time with us, you will:
- Continually learn and leverage new technologies, patterns, and practices
- Solve complex, ever-changing problems across a large and growing client and product portfolio
Being successful in this role requires deep technical skills across a variety of technologies and domains in addition to exemplary communication skills.
Specifically, candidates must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree of higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline, or a combination of work experience and education
- Experience being a highly technical leader for a team that will be focused on building cloud-based products or solutions
- Strong understanding of infrastructure (hosted and cloud) technologies and concepts
- 3+ years of experience with managing teams from multiple engineering functions (developers, designers, product managers, testers)
- Deep familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google
- Experience delivering solutions to enterprise clients
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, and the ability to identify and articulate patterns in unstructured and unorganized content
Other, highly desirable skills include:
- Experience in delivering enterprise products and solutions to multiple customers
- Client-first mindset
Virtasant is a global cloud services provider with industry-leading technology, capabilities, and people. We’ve been working in the cloud, testing the limits of its capabilities, since the start. We transform, build, and optimize customers’ digital experience in the cloud every day, helping companies make the most of the cloud’s native capabilities. To achieve this, we’ve built one of the world’s largest fully remote organizations.
To maintain the high quality of services that Virtasant is offering, we give all our employees a chance of attaining official cloud certification which helps them develop and grow themselves faster.
If interested, please apply at Software Engineering Manager (Remote) [linkedin]