Microsoft’s Enterprise Cloud teams in Europe provide the technology layer for Linux that enables our partners to run their workloads in a secure and compliant way. As the demand for Linux in Microsoft is growing, so is our team and we’re looking for new colleagues to join us in Prague.
We solve challenges as a team, we help each other and our partner teams when needed, we acknowledge different perspectives and treat each other with respect, we have fun together and we firmly believe that nothing is impossible.
- Design and implement improvements to our security posture and compliance automation.
- Be part of a DevOps team that handles and remediates customer issues.
- Collaborate with partner teams to meet the engineering goals in a unified manner.
- Create software solutions that secure and monitor production workloads while allowing them to meet audit requirements.
- Build and support infrastructure that’s used for distributing and deploying our tools at scale.
- Take active participation in the design and planning with the team.
- Support the teammembers, review pull requests, identify improvement areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write software for Linux (Python/Go/C#/C) and have solid understanding of Linux operating system.
- You understand networking and application debugging.
- You value good documentation and testing.
- You have growth mindset and are a team player.
- You are motivated and driven and you communicate clearly.
- You have strong written and spoken English skills.
Ideally, you also have:
- Experience with building cloud-scale infrastructure components and related technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS, K8S, etc.)
- Experience with .NET Core and C#
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience in working on active open-source projects
- Awareness & passion related to cloud scale monitoring and big-data analysis
- Familiar with secure software design concepts
- Familiar with security related configurations such as encryption or authentication mechanisms
- Ability and eagerness to work across and partner with multiple engineering teams to achieve business goals
- Worked in a DevOps environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Software Engineer M365 – Linux and security