Office 365 is Microsoft’s hosted productivity suite which is well aligned our mission ‘to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more’. This suite has hundreds of millions of users around the globe and includes services such as Sharepoint, Exchange and Outlook.com, Teams and Office Graph.
The M365 Frontend and Networking team provides connection routing and traffic management services for many of the Office 365 customer scenarios. We run a
highly scalable distributed service in a DevOps environment that routes over a Trillion requests per day and moves Petabytes of data. This includes both user-to-service and service-to-service communication. The routing and traffic management services proxy the user requests accurately to the backend services in the most optimal, fastest way possible to achieve extreme low-latency goals. Example technologies we work with include HTTP/2, HTTP/3, load balancing, connection management, traffic throttling and distributed caching.
We are looking for a strong Software Engineer with a passion for computer networking and to help us to evolve our networking infrastructure to keep with ever increasing usage and ever-growing expectations. Example projects would be the design and implementation of the adoption of a new software load balancing technology: automate deployment and configuration management, integrate monitoring and optics such as heatmaps and dashboards, and create the necessary diagnostic tools to work in our secured environments. As you take on these technical challenges, you have access to technical subject matter experts, world- class engineers and architects for guidance. These projects will provide you with plenty of growth opportunities.
Join M365 FrontEnd and Networking as a Software Engineer and help to empower the hundreds of millions of current and future customers!
- Operate as a member of the team, in alignment with the Microsoft Corporate values.
- Design and deliver features end to end in a complex high scale environment that are ‘serviceable’, low maintenance and with provable quality.
- Within M365, DevOps team members take care of all aspect: planning, design, implementation, delivery, and monitoring.
- Commitment to a Growth Mindset.
- A talent for technical problem solving, collaboration and communication.
- Substantial knowledge of computer networking, and a sincere interest to learn more.
- A wish to become a strong technical engineer and willing to put in the necessary efforts.
- 2+ years of experience in software development.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent education, training, or experiences.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Software Engineer, M365 FrontEnd and Networking