Our Platform Services team is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to work on improving test automation and coverage for our software as a service platform. In this role you’ll be responsible for test automation and framework development for our Platform Services teams. The ideal candidate will have a strong automation testing background in addition to experience in feature development.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, PyTest, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Cloud Functions, Terraform, Ansible, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Be part of a team working closely with other engineers and product managers in rolling out enhancements and new features across ReCharge.
- Build out automation frameworks and observability features to help integrate automated tests seamlessly into current development processes.
- Measure and enhance reliability, availability, and throughput of core platform services serving millions of customers.
- Drive quality across the team by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks and empowering developers to move towards test driven development (TDD).
- Work with real world problems faced in scaling the business, suggest innovations, enhancements and work with the team in implementing and rolling them out.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams across the company to build new features or update existing ones at scale.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve testing standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production and test environment issues across multiple levels of the stack.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 4-6 years of relevant systems testing and feature development experience in fast paced environments
- Knowledge of one or more languages like: Python, Ruby, Go, Nodejs
- Ideally proficient with Python, Flask and collaborative tools like Git
- Some experience with automation frameworks
- Experience with build tools like: Jenkins, CircleCI, or GitLab
- Experience with messaging systems like: RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a start-up
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Strong computer science fundamentals – data structures and algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
Who We Are
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Software Engineer in Test, Platform Services [glassdoor.com]