The role of a Software Engineer is to take care of all things needed to deliver the SNA Applications. This involves managing the infrastructure needed to build, test and deliver the applications. It also involves managing the build and deployment of all components of the application. Lastly, it involves creating tools and internal applications to support and enhance all of the activities related to delivering the application.
The Software Engineer will be part of a small Kanban team, working together with other teams in an Agile setup.
The ideal engineer should be a fast learner, and should be able to work independently. Solid and sound troubleshooting skills is also required for the role. Lastly, the engineer should have an analytical and yet imaginative mind, capable of coming up with solutions from minimal requirements.
- Create tools and applications to enhance and support delivery of application
- Maintain CI/CD in Jenkins platform
- Troubleshoots issues related to infrastructure and tooling that arise in the course of deploying/configuring software
- Participates in the technical workshops during the refinements and planning
- Support the SNA Engineering team by documenting understanding in the Jira or any supported medium
- Work with the product management team to deliver what is demanded in the Initiative / Epic.
- Drive the Stories / tasks that are going to be a smaller increment which will add value to the product
- Be responsible for what was delivered and own the deliverables
- Participate actively in all Scrum meetings and bold enough to raise any conflicts that may need to be raised.
Additionally will be directly accountable to
- Identify improvements to our software, processes or supporting documentation
- Provide the highest level of support and are available for escalation of any technical problems that might occur on Iteration.
- Mentor and train the junior team members
- Candidate must be a Malaysian Citizen . Foreign Nationals currently residing in Malaysia can apply.
- Must have at least Bachelor ’ s Degree specialising in Computer Science or Information Technology with good academic results.
- The candidate will be a professional, with a minimum of 4-7 years ’ experience , and will enjoy the challenge of working in a dynamic and technically challenging environment.
- Able to analyse issues and define high level solutions and provide technical strategy recommendations. Extensive technical trouble shooting skills
- Previous knowledge of installing software, creating test environments
- Good knowledge of SQL and in-depth experience of Databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
- Must be familiar with CI / CD processes and have prior experience in working with such environment, preferably using Jenkins.
- Good Knowledge in AWS services and APIs.
- Good understanding or experience with Docker and other Containerization technologies
- Good knowledge of application servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
- Good knowledge of Unix (Solaris, AIX, Linux, HP UX)
- Understanding of Java and J2EE architectures
- Experience in writing code in Java and able to review the code written by others.
- Experience in Java Build tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle etc) as part of Development life cycle
- Experience in writing shell scripts (bash / Groovy etc)
- Able to work with *nix sustems
- Able to use Git source control
- Prior application Support experience will be added advantage
- Knowledge of XML and real time messaging queues and systems will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a determined approach to own work
- Flexibility and ability to take the initiative on issues
- Ability to manage own time efficiently
- Exposure and familiarity with Agile methodologies Scrum / Kanban
Help us secure a connected world. Apply now and be inspired. For further details about this vacancy, please contact the recruitment team. Contact details can be found on Connect.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Software Engineer (Development & DevOps Support) (indeed.com)