We are seeking an experienced Software Development Manager to lead our Product Operations team in our Timisoara office.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Software Development Manager who has a proven track record in delivering high quality, on-time sprints whilst continually improving the skills and quality of the team’s output, and growing the team where required.
The primary aim of this role is to increase the overall Product Operation team’s capability to ensure our work and projects are of the highest standard. The role requires some hands-on involvement from a technical perspective but is predominantly a strategic and managerial role, and the Software Development Manager (Product Operations) will be a member of our IT Steering Group.
As our Software Development Manager (Product Operations) your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring prioritised tasks are tightly scheduled, that team members are accountable for providing accurate estimates and that on-time delivery is always achieved.
- Leading and managing the maintenance and development of existing and new in-house web applications.
- Ensuring a consistent high velocity is maintained within the Product Operations team, that QA return rates are minimised and that quality coding standards are always adhered to.
- Driving continuous improvement in skills and performance to establish and maintain a high performing Product Operations team, utilising KPIs to provide measurable feedback.
- Promoting cross-functional communication and ensuring a high standard of information flow to provide excellent on-time delivery rates, to quickly resolve issues and to provide regular status reports to stakeholders.
- Bringing innovative and progressive technology solutions to the IT Steering Group, ensuring process and strategy alignment.
- Establishing clear succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities, accountabilities, and personal development in line with any anticipated growth.
- Playing a key role in recruitment activities for the Product Operations team to include identifying, recruiting, onboarding, and retaining top talent.
- Managing offshore development teams in addition to our in-house team.
As you will be managing, mentoring and motivating your team to become world class in everything they do, you will have 10+ years’ experience in product development and maintenance, with at least 3 of those years in a product development managerial role and at least 5 years as a hands on developer. You will have exceptional technical acumen, a drive for excellence, and a positive, business facing attitude.
- Educated to degree standard or higher is preferred, but an exception may be made for a candidate who can demonstrate significant and relevant experience with a proven track record of successful Software Development Management.
- Strong leadership, organisation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of web application development.
- Experience in working in a fast, agile environment on large and complex projects.
- A proven track record of building and maintaining a motivated and high performing team.
- A proven track record in improving and managing delivery metrics, with the ability to quickly triage and diagnose issues.
- Experience in managing the performance and output of both onshore and offshore development teams.
- Expert knowledge of agile software engineering processes, practices, and tools.
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders to define quality policies, standards, and processes as well as the skillset to put process into action on time and to budget.
- Strong communication skills (with fluent written and spoken English).
- A good working knowledge of Git.
- Willing and able to travel to the UK head office for management meetings and to help engender close ties between the Timisoara and Belfast offices.
Good to have, but not essential
- Experience in an e-commerce, fintech or financial services environment.
- A good working knowledge of PHP and MySQL.
- Experience with Laravel or a similar PHP framework.
- Experience working with virtual machine environments, such as with VirtualBox, Vagrant and Docker.
- Experience managing projects in Jira.
- Working knowledge of Amazon AWS infrastructure.
- Familiar with LAMP stack and scripting within various flavours of Linux.