We are the small international team which develops the comparison portal for Provisional Insurances in CHECK24. Using Agile/Lean/Kanban methodologies, we build it, we run it, we break it, we fix it, we Kaizen it: our Product and tech stack are loosely coupled to the rest of the 4-digits-employees company.
We write quality code that gets deployed asap to production. But hold your horses, first it’s blessed by our QAs and Product managers, code-reviewed by our Full Stack Engineers and built on the CI/CD pipeline.
Our Tech stack: Docker everywhere, flirting with K8s, 80+ microservices architecture, VMware vSphere, Ansible, MongoDB with Mongoose, ELK Stack, Prometheus, Node.js, NSQ, es6, koa, Next.js, React, MobX, Less CSS, Atlassian-all-the-things. Our dev-env is OS and IDE agnostic as it can run on Windows, Mac, or Linux, and our code gets developed with love on WebStorm, VSCode, Vim.
We are looking forward to your application as (Senior) Web Developer (m/f/d) at CHECK24 Vergleichsportal für Vorsorgeversicherungen GmbH.
- Keep our external and internal users happy
- Get involved in pretty much everything while creating and improving features end-to-end: DevOps, CI/CD improvements, database schemas and queries, Backend & Frontend JS, CSS
- Refactor code, pay back technical debt, identify and squash bugs, write tests
- Work on very exciting and very boring tasks, both with and without deadlines
- Receive and provide feedback in Code Reviews, juggling concerns like robustness, maintainability, development-speed, performance, security and architecture
- Support our Product Management team in designing complex features
- Grow your skills, share your knowledge with our team and beyond
- Participate in meetings of agile processes and technical nature, no more than 10-15% of your time
- You have at least 3 years of professional engineering experience
- You like maintainable, unit-tested code
- Have high stamina when facing challenges
- You are fluent in English – German is a plus
- And you use your language skills for collaboration and communication reasons
- You are flexible enough to integrate into a team with existing methodologies, codebase, and mascot
- We are accessible, help each other, joke with each other, and we keep it informal
- Onsite position, close to the city center of Munich, Germany
- Startup feeling inside a big, solid company at the headquarters of CHECK24
- Spacious modern office, making it easy to maintain the COVID-19 distances
- We also offer the possibility to work from the home office by appointment
- Flexible working hours
- Staff development programs and various training opportunities (soft skill training, programs for high achieving employees, career pathways to expert and leadership roles, conferences)
- Company pension scheme
- Enjoy our free selection of beverages, fruits, and vegetables
- “There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch”: except once per week
- Cash-back vouchers for CHECK24 products and services
- Subsidized urban transport pass (MVV-ticket)
- Paid German language courses – till you can pronounce our products’ names: Berufsunfähigkeitsversicherung, Grundfähigkeitsversicherung
Wanna be a part of a great team and a great product?
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Senior Web Developer @ Munich (indeed.com)