We are looking for a top-performing B2B technology writer with strong storytelling skills to produce weekly press releases that convey our status as an innovative market leader in the telecommunications industry. The Calix corporate marketing team is made up of incredibly talented high achievers. We love creating win-wins with our customers, and we’re driving exciting growth as we launch the most innovative solutions in our market to get communities connected with high-speed internet broadband service around the U.S. and the world. Calix is in an exciting and dynamic period of rapid growth, and this opening is a great opportunity to grow in tandem with us and raise the bar around our press releases and overall storytelling, which we see as a critical component of building our brand and influencing both customers and industry analysts. We are highly invested in training, developing, and supporting the person in this role to be a success and add to the tremendous value we deliver to our customers.
This position sits in the corporate marketing team and reports to the director of content marketing. The role will require end-to-end coordination and execution of all aspects of getting weekly press releases produced and across the wire, including:
- working across teams to gather source material,
- generating high-quality drafts quickly,
- securing approval for quotes,
- trafficking drafts through multiple layers of review (including the product marketing teams, C-level review, and legal/finance departments),
- prepping each release for social-media promotion,
- drafting press release summaries for internal communications,
- coordinating internal requests from executives and multiple internal departments to generate press release drafts,
- driving weekly meetings to manage the press-release production schedule,
- regularly tracking and reporting press-release performance metrics related to views, clicks, and engagement,
- collecting and documenting best practices in terms of messaging and tone to improve the quality and efficiency of press release development.
The person in this role must be comfortable receiving feedback on drafts from multiple stakeholders, quickly incorporating revisions, and have the time-management and prioritization skills keep multiple drafts moving through the production pipeline. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and team player who prioritizes responsiveness and professionalism when working with customers and across teams internally. This person must be a talented writer and storyteller, and enjoy writing about B2B tech topics (big bonus points for interest and experience in telecommunications).
- 7+ years of technical, B2B writing experience
- High degree of business acumen
- Ability to craft compelling press release drafts on a variety of announcement topics, from “customer wins,” to product launches/releases
- Skill to identify and incorporate appropriate proof points/data points in each press release draft when appropriate
- Discipline to adhere to established branding and messaging and usage guidelines
- Ability to juggle many tasks and deliver on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail in relation to the craft of writing (syntax, grammar, messaging consistency, usage, etc.)
- Initiative to autonomously gather source material and schedule/conduct interviews
- Ability to craft great quotes and align them to brand messaging
- Capacity to synthesize large amounts of complex and highly technical information quickly
- Excellent interviewing skills
- Excellent customer-facing skills
- Ability to write well-structured and engaging drafts quickly
- Ability to adopt the “voice of the brand” based on interviews with/input from key stakeholders
- Experience in telecommunications, smart home/IoT, or B2B industry
- Proficiency in MS Office, Salesforce, TaskRay, Adobe AEM
Calix is a work-from-anywhere company; because our press releases are posted in coordination with stock market hours, the ideal candidate will be located in the Eastern Standard time zone.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Senior Technology Writer and PR Specialist (glassdoor.com)