Calix Nanjing Revenue Edge team is seeking for an embedded Software Engineer to design, implement, test and maintain embedded software primarily at the system and driver layer for Calix’s Fiber-To-The-Home Platforms. Our group within Calix develops hardware and software for the delivery of home gateway, Wi-Fi, data, voice, and video services on PON and Active Ethernet
platforms to the home or business.
This position requires a hands-on, well-organized professional with experience in developing embedded C software in a Linux environment on high performance embedded systems. Successful candidate must be an excellent individual contributor capable of thriving in a team setting with strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Development and support of embedded software components on Linux-based residential networking products and home gateway devices.
- Integration of third-party and proprietary embedded software as well as design, implementation, debug, test, regression test, and maintenance activities in the areas of network protocol and application development .
- Document interface specifications and unit level test plans as well as participate in the preparation or review of specifications.
- 7+ years of Linux network protocol development BSCS/BSEE or similar degree required. MS Degree preferred
- Deep understanding of service gateway features and applications
- Excellent C coding, algorithm/data structures
- Master Linux netfilter framework and iptables
- Solid understanding of network technologies including TCP/IP, SNMP, VLANs, QoS, IGMP, VPN, GRE and TR-069 protocols
- Working knowledge of 802.11/Wi-Fi software implementation
- Experience with DLNA/UPnP, Hotspot 2.0, 802 1.x is highly desirable
- PON SOC experience is preferred, good understanding of slow path/fast path interaction
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Must work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analytical and integration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively in a team environment
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Senior Software Engineer – WiFi Router Development (glassdoor.com)