The Security Development team at Zendesk build and maintain secure, reliable, and easy to use security features for all of Zendesks customers, products and services. Were a multi-functional team responsible for creating the next generation of security for Zendesk products. As the part of the glue that brings Zendesk products together, we often collaborate with other teams throughout the world.
Were looking for an experienced generalist engineer to help us craft reliable and approachable customer-facing UI pages and APIs to access and modify security features. A primary focus for this role will be Zendesks audit log. The audit log shows various changes in your Zendesk. It saves a record of these changes and allows customers to search their entire change history.
This role is a terrific opportunity to build and ship new features in a rapidly developing area of the Zendesk product which is central to customer trust and safety. Using React and Zendesks Garden design system on the front-end and Golang on the backend, youll collaborate closely with engineers, designers, and product management to create purposeful UI for accessing audits and managing security preferences.
What you will enjoy doing every day:
- Work with a closely knit and diverse team to deliver value to our customers.
- Modernize the Zendesk admin experience for crucial security features, working closely with product management, design, and other partners.
- Deliver enterprise grade software and experience some of the challenges presented working at a global scale.
- Tackle customer problems in collaboration with our outstanding customer advocates.
- Champion standard methodologies, high quality code, and appropriate test coverage. We ship code frequently and fast, but stability and reliability must never be compromised.
What you bring to the role:
- Prior experience in a frontend or full-stack engineering role
- An eye for detail and an ability to turn wireframes into beautiful interfaces
- Solid understanding of Golang, Ruby or a similar server-side language, or expert-level knowledge of frontend development
- Git & Github experience, comfortable handling complex merges with regularity
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- You believe building great software is a team effort and enjoy learning together through pairing, code reviews, tech talks, etc.
- Comfortable taking ownership of all phases of software engineering: design, development, testing, deployment, and operational issues
- Nice-to-have: prior experience with Golang or Ruby
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Senior Software Engineer, Security Development(Remote US) (glassdoor.com)