Skype helps millions of people stay connected with those they care about the most. We’re looking for great engineers who can innovate and improve on what we’ve built. Located in Prague, the very heart of Europe, our team builds the core components and experiences that make up Skype.
We developed an awesome technology that makes it super easy to build apps in a single TypeScript codebase that runs on a multitude of different platforms. If you don’t believe us, join our team and start writing code that powers the new Skype client on Mobile (iOS & Android), Desktop (Windows, MacOS & Linux) and on the Web.
We’re looking for Software Engineers/Senior Software Engineers to join and help us deliver the best possible Skype experience in the world. We work alongside program managers, designers, UX engineers and content managers to turn their requirements into a magical experience for our users.
- You have designed and delivered applications that are performant, reliable and secure for millions of users
- You have experience with or partnering with backend services to develop mobile friendly APIs using REST
- Your apps are instrumented, in addition to using analytics and A/B testing to drive features
- You are familiar with Agile, frequent app releases and modern software development lifecycle
- You are enthusiastic about partnering and working collaboratively with teams across Microsoft
- You teach others the things you know and learn from others
- You’ve done this before – you have at least five years of software development experience in the industry
- You can code – you are comfortable in object-oriented languages like Java, C++ or C#; and you have a solid grasp of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- You can collaborate – you can explain your work, you can ask good questions, you can listen to your peers and your customers, and you like to give and receive feedback
- You stay focused – you want to build software that solves real problems for real people
- You’re a professional engineer – you understand that it’s not enough to write code that works; it also must be well-designed, easy to test, and easy to add to over time
- You love building beautiful apps and crafting the best user experience. For you, an app isn’t working correctly until it feels great to use
- You are a clear and effective communicator, be it when you write code, write emails or explain complex technical issues to non-technical co-workers
- You want to learn to get things done – you do anything it takes to implement your feature end to end, may it require you to dive into native code, learn a new language or implement a small change on a backend service
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Senior Software Engineer