About the job
The WR Wertstoffbörse Recycling GmbH & Co. KG operates the leading B2B marketplace recyfy for the waste paper trade. Behind the startup are financially strong investors from the industry. A highly motivated team works on the marketing and further development of the marketplace. We plan further growth into new markets from the heart of Berlin. You can expect a young team with flat hierarchies in centrally located and modern offices in the neighborhood of Berlin-Friedrichshain.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least three years of hands-on experience building highly scalable consumer-facing web applications, preferably in the SaaS area.
- Love to develop nice looking and comfortable to use user interfaces with Vue.js, or any other modern FE framework (React/Angular/etc.)
- Keenness to continuously and proactively improve our product.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and best practices and apply them on a daily basis.
- Fluent English, German is a plus
Unfortunately, we don’t support relocation, so we consider candidates with a German working permit and able to relocate to Berlin.
To sustain our beloved Earth’s health for us and the generations to come, we have to reduce, reuse, and recycle our valued resources. At recyfy we focus on recycling. Our goal is to make the market and workflows for recycling materials more accessible and efficient!
Our long-term goal for each engineer is to be able to build a feature from scratch – planning and implementing infrastructure, backend, frontend as well as covering tests and deployments. We do not have a dedicated DevOps or QA Team, since we use infrastructure as a code to reduce complexity and rise efficiency as well. Each team member is responsible for the quality of our products.
- You work in a small, but highly experienced cross-functional agile team following SCRUM methodology.
- You design, develop and optimize customer-facing features, keeping infrastructure, performance, scalability, and testability in mind by taking over ownership for the whole development cycle
- You encourage technical discussion and decision making within your team by balancing customer impact and technical quality
- You proactively mentor your colleagues, share knowledge and learn from your peers
- You foster a culture of transparency and communication as well as a positive and solution-oriented attitude
What Can We Offer You?
- At WR Wertstoffbörse Recycling GmbH & Co. KG we build an equal, respectful culture.
- We highly appreciate self-development and embrace it.
- We offer our employees fair and competitive conditions and benefits.
- We are a family first company and have flexible working times.
- We have a comfortable office with a kitchen, coffee machine, breakfasts, fruits, soft drinks, etc.
- To relax a bit during the day we have an Xbox and Mortal Kombat “professionals” league and table tennis.
- We care about the physical health of our employees as well, that is why we offer sports activity coverage.