At Avast, we strive to give everyone the power to explore our shared digital world freely and safely. Our team is working to help shape the digital world to be a freer, fairer and safer place through the application of science, technology, and human ingenuity, and we are looking for people who share our passion to contribute to a better online world. Avast promotes a rich diversity of cultures, debates, and out-of-the-box thinking. Today, Avast is an FTSE 100 company that safeguards more than 435 million people worldwide, protecting their digital data, identity, and privacy.
The purpose of the role:
Avast extends its protection beyond the device to be also able to protect the user’s identity and privacy. We are looking for an experienced developer who will help us define and develop new Avast privacy and identity protecting products, that aim at allowing people to transition to passwordless authentication and to claim full ownership of their identities and full control over their data.
- Develop products(s) that protect users privacy and identity
- Advise/educate other team members on security, promote and help to enforce best practices
- Audit internal solutions for security, Develop tools to monitor the security of internal products
- Work with other teams and team members to implement secure communication between components (on device and outside the device)
- Work closely with the larger team that develops the identity protection solution
- Discover and evaluate already existing technologies that would allow us to improve security and user protection
- Suggest new solutions
- Contribute to architectural decisions
- Actively gather security-related feedback from internal and external users and based on that constantly improve the products and internal tools
- Experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications, and network protocols.
- Working understanding of Asymmetric & Symmetric Key Cryptography, Encryption, Hashing and Digital Signatures.
- Thorough understanding of cryptographic algorithms, digital certificates, and certificate authority infrastructures
- Understanding of cryptography keys: Key creation, key exchange, key use, key storage, key size requirements, and key recovery
- Knowledge of authentication protocols and applied cryptography and common attacks against modern cryptographic algorithms (encryption at rest, TLS, hashing, etc)
- Knowledge of PKI and PKI Best Practices
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Kotlin, Java, C++, Swift, Rust, Go
- Significant experience in building secure applications
- Understanding of mobile & web application security threats, exploits, prevention
- An exciting job in an international team of a growing and very successful company
- An exciting product portfolio
- Opportunities for professional growth
- An adequate performance-based salary
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- New hire RSUs grant
- The chance to join a major global tech company
Sounds exciting? We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Senior Software Engineer – Cryptography