Microsoft and GitHub have teamed up to deliver Azure DevOps, the devops solution of choice for many of Microsoft’s biggest and most important customers, including its own engineering teams. Azure DevOps provides both small and enterprise customers with a suite of services that enable teams to do their best work building great software efficiently and securely. This includes planning, repos, CI/CD, test, and more. You can learn more about Azure DevOps at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/devops/.
We’re looking for experienced backend and full-stack software engineers to join a new Azure DevOps team in Prague. This team is focused on scalability, service health, and infrastructure investments necessary to make Azure DevOps a great experience for our growing customer base. We also deliver features that allow our customers to administer their organizations and maintain a secure and compliant software supply chain. Finally, we invest in our own developer experience, increasing the velocity of our own teams and reducing costs to support and run our services at scale.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as a full stack engineer with a globally distributed, diverse and a passionate team. You’ll work with a variety Azure technologies and partners and be challenged to solve interesting problems unique to running services at very large scale. You will be responsible for all aspects of the services and areas you own, from design, development, and quality, to deployment, reliability, observability, and performance in production.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to build new features
- As a technical leader on the team, you will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- Mentor, pair, participate in code reviews, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
- Write, test, instrument, and maintain code primarily in C#, SQL, ASP.Net, HTML5, React, Typescript, PowerShell, and Azure
- Coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- Analyze how your features are performing in production to learn and make the product better
- Work with support to triage and debug technical support requests escalated to the product team
- Document the systems you help build
- Support a highly available service used by millions of users on a daily basis
- 5+ or more years of experience developing production software
- Strong object-oriented design skills gained from at least 2 years of working with OOP languages and patterns
- Strong problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills
- Solid understanding of testing principles and high-quality software
- Excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written. We are a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- Experience designing, building and running large scale and highly available cloud services or distributed systems
- Experience with high scale SQL and general database knowledge
- Troubleshooting skills across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing storage and distributed services layers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Senior Software Engineer – Azure DevOps (microsoft.com)