We believe that mobile voice calls should be secure, engaging, and protected from fraud and robocalls. We believe the phone app is the most outdated app on your smartphone, and that the mobile network – as the largest communications network of any kind – urgently needs a trust and identity layer. You should know who’s calling you and why! You should get the calls that are relevant to you (at that time) and none of the ones that aren’t. Hiya is building the modern layer for the voice experience. We already serve over 130M users worldwide directly through our apps and in partnership with smartphone makers like Samsung and mobile carriers like AT&T. Are you ready to join our engineering team on the road to help us serve 1B users?
We are hiring a senior backend engineer to our Caller Profiles Team in Budapest to help improve our core spam detection services.
As a senior backend engineer for Caller Profiles Team, you’ll:
- build and operate world class services in the field of phone fraud detection
- have the chance to create an impact on the lives of tens of millions of consumers daily
- be designing, coding and operating high-performance data processing applications on the JVM platform (primarily Scala)
- understand our entire data stack, from DynamoDB through Kafka to Scala/Akka
- become a core developer of a service running on 5 continents, screening 12 billion calls a month
- be part of a team where your desire to grow and learn are valued and aptly rewarded; where you are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive every day; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams’ beliefs
You don’t have to check all the boxes, but we think these are important requirements for this role:
- experience building highly scalable and -available production services starting from the data storage layer
- a desire to own design and architecture end to end
- you already worked with big-data technologies (Spark, Athena, Zeppelin)
- being fluent in typed functional programming (especially in Scala)
- having experience with stream processing and scaling techniques (caching, message queues, eventual consistency, etc.)
- familiar with modern deployment environments (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- having experience with modern machine learning technologies (NLP)
- possessing excellent communication and self-organization skills incl. working within and with other remote teams.
- proficient at collaborating and communicating with team members in English and Hungarian
This is a unique opportunity to work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a phenomenal team, where you can employ new and exciting technologies to tackle unique and challenging problems every day!
Hiya is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we desire to build a team with a variety of perspectives, identities, and professional experiences. It’s our intention to evaluate each candidate exclusively in the merits of their skills, competencies, and contribution to the organization.
This position is based in Budapest, working from our fantastic downtown office near the Oktogon area.
If interested, please apply at Senior Software Engineer [indeed.com]