As a Senior Software Engineer you will contribute to various projects spanning across technical deliveries, regulatory projects and platform enhancements requested by business users. You will join the Front Office Technology teams which develop and maintain tools for Traders, Sales, Product Control/Risk Managers in London, New York, Singapore and Tokyo. We develop/support multiple applications using various technologies with C#, C++ and Java and respond to desk/regulatory/other requirements.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Analysing new requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution and contribute to the overall system design
- Taking responsibility and ownership of new feature development
- Documenting designs and communicate them with the tea
- Working on all aspects of analysis, design, implementation and deployment of all software, related to the core data applications
- Focusing on good code quality and high test coverage and actively participate in code reviews
- Designing and implementing applications and data flows, for accuracy, timeliness, quality and control
- Contributing to the delivery of complex projects in collaboration with global teams across Barclays, to develop new or enhance existing systems
- Working directly with the front office business users in an agile environment
What we’re looking for:
- Strong knowledge of C# and .NET 4.5+ framework as well as Service Oriented Architecture using REST
- Previous experience in working with relational database, preferably MS SQL Server/T-SQL
- Experience with analysing business requirements/proposing robust solutions and ability to work with the business analysts/peers/project managers to understand their needs
- Proven experience with source control systems (e.g. Git), CI tools (e.g. TeamCity), Issue-tracking systems (e.g. JIRA), Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Proven experience in writing unit/integration tests and strong interest in practicing it would be beneficial
- Previous experience in financial services is preferred but not essential
Where will you be working?
Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Senior Software Engineer