As a Senior Software Developer C/C++ in Telematics team and you will have the opportunity to develop innovative software for automotive industry. Telematics exposes the internal car ecosystem to the Internet: the car becomes an element of the Internet of Things (IoT), offering a new level of access to car’s functionalities and a platform to build additional features in areas such as safety, security, comfort. You will work with concepts like Telematics, 5G and V2X (vehicle-to-everything).
You will be part of a team responsible for developing the software components for a Telematics team, with one of the next specializations: Telematics Applications, Connectivity, Calls, Security, SW Update, System, Autosar integration.
- Review Software specifications, Architecture and Design documents for the system
- Study and understand customer and internal specifications;
- Develop component design document based on specifications and given SW architecture
- Develop software components (C++/Linux)
- Resolve inconsistencies in case of unclear technical requirements in the specification by direct communication with the responsible internal/external stockholder
- Perform functional testing of developed source code, participate in code review sessions
- Act according the SW development standards of the automotive industry, in-car applications and software development processes
- Provide root cause analysis for issues, fix these issues and verify effectiveness of given fixes for the software components delivered.
- Debug knowledge using gdb
- Find optimal solutions for specific requirements and propose solutions
- Breakdown complex tasks
- Understand and improve required KPIs
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Specify and implement unit tests for developed SW units
- Test software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participate in internal and customer-driven design reviews throughout the program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to implement a resolution.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues in case of need.
- May direct the work of 1-2 other engineers
- Develop and offer visibility on risk assessment for critical fixes
- Drive the development of complex tasks
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other relevant (IT connected) specializations
- At least 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- Solid knowledge of C++ proved by 5+ years of experience
- Linux expertise
- Experience in developing embedded applications
- Good knowledge about cryptographic algorithms
- Good knowledge about memory-protection techniques
- Experience with OpenSSL, TLS, IPSec, certificates handling
- Experience in developing Trusted Application, in a Trusted Execution Environment
- Knowledge in inter-process communication, threading, socket communication
- Good English communication skills both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of software development processes
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
Nice to Have:
- Automotive experience
- Experience with SomeIP, CAPI, TCP, UDP protocols.
- Unified Modeling Language Knowledge
- Knowledge in agile software development methods (SCRUM, SAFe Agile)
- Knowledge in one of these areas is very appreciated:
- Connectivity protocols (Ethernet,WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G/4G)
- SW update (RedBend expertise)
- System Functions (Diagnostics, DTCs)
- Security (secure boot, TEE, DEV/Sec mode switch)
- Knowledge of how a Linux kernel works
- Coordinate resources if required
What we offer you :
- Attractive salary package
- Customized trainings
- Professional and friendly working environment, having the chance to work with state-of-the-art technology
If interested, please apply at Senior Software Developer C++ (bestjobs.eu)