EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
Interested in joining our team? At EA Madrid – where passion for sports is only matched by the talent on the ground – we are looking for passionate Software Engineers, along with other disciplines, to play an important part in developing the next installments of our Madden franchise.
The challenge ahead:
The Rendering Software Engineer is part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; work with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
What a Rendering Software Engineer does at EA:
- The Graphics Engineer has a very broad view of the game’s rendering codebase, and works daily on implementing features that can involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain.
- Develop graphic and related rendering systems for the Madden Franchise
- Profile and optimization of rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine
- Programme the core rendering tool, feature, and graphical engine components of game engine
- Work with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new rendering and animation features
- Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure and processes.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Maintain high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
The next great EA Rendering Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years C++ programming experience
- Expertise in a few of the following areas: shaders (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX), animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, particle systems, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture
- Experience with multithreading and Object-oriented Programming
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Debugging skills
- Knowledge of art related tools to include Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush
- Experience working with data-driven systems.
- Understanding of GPU and CPU architectures and optimization thereof
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#
- Experience with Perforce
- Console programming experience (specifically dealing with memory and performance in a fixed resources system).
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
If interested, please apply at Senior Rendering Software Engineer – C++ [ea.com]