We’re on a mission to reinvent 3D design for the 21st century.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. Over the past two years of high-speed growth, our Apple Design Award-winning app has been regularly featured in Apple Keynotes and commercials, and demoed in retail stores around the world. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that uses our product every day. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum, focusing our $6M Series A on scaling our team across the board.
By joining the engineering team at Shapr3D as a Senior QA Spcialist, you’ll get the chance to work on a world class product – one that’s already used by hundreds of thousands of design professionals across the globe. Hence, well on its way to disrupting a 30 year old CAD industry. Oh, and it’s rather satisfying to see your app featured on apple.com. Yes. That’s right. Shapr3D is one of those apps.
Besides constructing an amazing application, we are also working hard at Shapr3D on building a world-class engineering organization. In our Engineering VP’s words: “our focus is on making sure that all our teams are empowered and incentivized to make decisions independently. People aren’t afraid of taking risks, setting ambitious goals, and in some cases, failing. We know how to learn from our mistakes.” (Akos Kapui, Engineering VP). Read more about this and our engineering philosophy here.Some insights into what you will do here…
- 3D model a lot
- Demonstrate increasing expertise in application domain and functional area
- Actively participate in all stages of the agile development cycle, cooperate with product designers, developers, fellow testers and project managers
- Identifying risks during the development cycle
- Review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics
- Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
- Provide functional and technical expertise in bug fixes
- Design, maintain, and execute test suites for technical specification and user requirements
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Participate in continuous improvement of product / technical design / processes
A bit about you, your background, and approach…
- 2-3 years of experience in testing
- You are humble and you don’t shy away from going the extra mile
- You are a techie, you can learn any software in minutes
- You have positive attitude, and you can build great relationship with developer teams
- Structural thinking about how to manage testing a worlds class CAD application
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable test suites
- Ability to coach your colleagues
- Strong English communication ability
- Experience in 3D design and modeling is a plus
- Mobile testing experience is a big plus
What do we offer?
- A down-to-earth culture and an opportunity to scale this thing up together
- The chance to build a word-class product and to learn from some of the best professionals in their field along the way
- Unconditional support for your professional development – be it reading a book or attending a course to grow your skills, it’s on the house
- Relocation support if you’re not from Hungary
- 100% sick leave payment
- A generous healthcare package with Medicover (upon passing your probation)
- An iPad Pro and Ultimaker office 3D printer so you can play with the app
- A spacious office with a panoramic view of downtown Budapest
- One of the best coffee machines in town and well-stocked office snacks (including fruit, cereals, sweets, savories, a company Wolt account while we’re working remotely, and more)
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don’t worry if you don’t tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we’d still love to hear back from you.
If interested, please apply at Senior QA Specialist (indeed.com)