Nuremberg / Berlin / Remote | Full-time employee
We are currently looking for an experienced Python developer with a background in networking and distributed computing to join one of our specialised R&D teams in Nuremberg, Berlin or remotely in Germany.
- As a member of the product integration team you develop software that builds bridges between the Exasol core database and other products.
- You create connectors and plug-ins that enable communication between Exasol and a 3rd party product
- You develop test tooling that helps integration testing Exasol
- The software you write is in the great majority Open Source Software, so you will get the opportunity to interact with our OSS community
- You write tutorials and user guides for the software you created as integral part of providing a full-flegded product
- You have 3 or more years experience as a Python developer. You are used to work with unix-style operating systems, especially Linux
- Relational databases and SQL are not foreign to you
- Your know Python 3 and 2 and the important changes between them
- You have a working knowledge of network communication (IP, TCP, HTTP)
- Debuggers (and profilers) are an integral part of your toolkit
- You are familiar with building and releasing Python projects
- You are proficient with at least one other scripting language (e.g. Bash)
- While not strictly necessary, familiarity with other general purpose programming languages (e.g. C / C++, or Rust) is beneficial
- You consider the necessity of extensive automated software testing a given fact
- Working as a team player is important for you. You actively seek the advice of your teammates and support them with advice where you can. You look forward to pair programming, reviewing your team’s code and learning new tricks by doing so
- Your analytical mind likes solving complex problems in cooperation with Exasol’s developers and architects
- Knowledge about the following libraries is beneficial but not required: pandas, SQL Alchemy, pytest
Exasol is one of the most exciting software companies in Europe and a global technology leader in the Big Data and Analytics market. Our high-performance, cloud-first analytics database gives companies the power to transform how their organization works with data – and turn it into value faster, easier and more cost effectively than ever before.
With an ambitious international team, we help companies of all sizes achieve their goals with data support. Our team is characterized by inventiveness, enthusiasm and curiosity. In order to continue our worldwide expansion, we are looking for employees who want to make a difference and actively shape our dynamic growth.
Team Lead Recruitment EMEA
+49 160 5623416