The primary purpose of this position is to lead the project management initiative in our Cybersecurity Operations Division. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading Project Managers and the PM function, while also leading and managing multiple projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate internal resources, strategic stakeholders, and third parties/vendor members for the effective execution of projects within Security Operations
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including detailed project plans, schedules, project timelines and tracking of deliverables
- Lead change management and guide project managers through the process
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Foresee and minimize project risks; report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage relationships among all stakeholders, including members and vendor members and business partners
- Continuously improve Project Management program within Operations, assessing and improving the function, processes and tools
- Present progress reports as well as identified problems and solutions to stakeholders and management
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field*
- 7+ years’ experience in project management, especially larger projects with established firms using Agile methodology
- 3+ years’ in technical or senior project management role
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Experience using project management software tools such as Microsoft Project, Atlassian Jira, Asana, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills
- The position is open to U.S. citizens and requires a favorably adjudicated DHS Fitness Review for Public Trust Positions
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
It’s a Plus if You Have:
- Master’s degree in business or a related field
- Project Management experience in Cybersecurity field
- PMP / PRINCE II / Scrum master or Kanban certification is a plus
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Experience in Agile methodologies and agile sprint-based project management
- Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to Asana, MS Project, ProjectManager.com, JIRA, MS Excel, etc.
- Technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in web technologies
- Experience with cloud services
- Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
If interested, please apply at Senior Project Manager, Security Operations (indeed.com)