Our client is a successful large German company with more than 10,000 employees world-wide. Since 80 years the company has been making sense of large amounts of data from a wide variety of data sources with the aim to turn data into smart business decisions for their clients (Big Data). For one of their Business Units in the headquarter in Nuremberg we are currently looking for a
Senior or Principal Software QA / Test Automation Engineer (m/f/d)
- The Principal Software Test Engineer is a technical quality expert working closely with the software engineers and test engineers to enable and encourage them to design and implement tests in an efficient way, by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and guidance.
- You care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code. A strong enough developer to write feature code, strong enough tester to test just about anything, and a strong advocate for maintaining a high quality bar.
- You are used to working in agile teams and have helped development teams to iterate rapidly and deploy code several times each day while remaining confident in their test infrastructure providing short feedback loops on newly introduced features.
- Driving the team to develop features in a sustainable manner, using the most appropriate tools and techniques.
- Build and maintain tooling for test development, coverage and reporting thereby ensuring visibility of the quality for team’s products
- Provide technical advice and guidance to agile teams around test strategies for both manual and automated tests
- Pairing with developers to help them build features with automated tests that cover all acceptance scenarios
- Drive improvements in automated test coverage across the test hierarchy (unit, integration etc.)
- Engage with the wider testing community in the company to share knowledge and help implement strategic improvements
- Maintain an understanding of industry testing tools/patterns/frameworks/processes and presenting back to the wider testing community
- Work hands-on with teams when they require guidance and QA leadership
- Helping teams to adopt CI/CD practices that will enable them to release with confidence
- Leading and mentoring other software test engineers across the teams, as needed
- University degree in informatics/computer science or similar qualification
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in the Testing field, ideally with leadership experience
- You are either already a Principal Software QA Engineer or a Senior QA Engineer that can progress to Principal role within next 1-2 years.
- Expert understanding of CI principles incl. ability to implement CI pipelines from scratch
- Very good knowledge in Test Automation (Selenium, Robot Framework) and with applications written in Java
- Good knowledge in designing and architecting solutions for performance testing, component level testing, stubbing, tools, POC and monitoring
- The ability to spot shortcomings of tooling and enhance automation and process adherence through enhancing tooling
- The ability to rapidly implement PoCs and evaluate suitability for the problem
- Skilled in using a variety of testing tools at all levels in the testing pyramid
- Skilled in non-functional test tools such as JMeter, Blazemeter, Gatling, Stormrunner etc.
- Solid API and Web Services testing skills (REST, WebAPI)
- Very good knowledge in JUnit or equivalent test development
- Expert understanding of distributed source control (Git/Stash)
- Permanent role with a top employer that offers very good development possibilities
- Attractive salary and very good social benefits
- International work environment, flexible working conditions
- Work with the latest, state-of-the art technologies and with interesting subject matters.
Please use our online-application form only for applying to advertised position. Please note that we can´t consider applications that we receive by e-mail.
Do you have any questions or require further information? We are always happy to answer any enquires you may have either by telephone or by e-mail:
ANTAL INTERNATIONAL PERSONALBERATUNG
Andreas Dürr, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org