The Senior Network Administration Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Company’s WAN, LAN, and Data Center network infrastructure. His role will include day to day support and repair as well as input on design and new implementations of network technologies, equipment, and telecommunications services. The candidate will implement new WAN and LAN solutions and provide daily support of the company’s data network architecture and communications services.
The position responsibilities shall include:
- Provide administration, support, and documentation of data and data center networks consisting of Cisco, Juniper, HP and other networking vendor products and technologies
- Support and manage global MPLS and VPNs
- Responsible for resolving and closing Network related trouble tickets
- Support tasks related to integrations and IT architecture initiatives
- Responsible for periodic support of network issues and participation in scheduled down times during off-hours and weekends as assigned by manager
- Renew and create new network baselines for network performance, trending and capacity planning for routers, switches, firewalls and VPN devices.
- Perform software upgrades on Cisco, Foundry, Extreme, Juniper (Netscreen) firewall devices
- Monitor, review, and report on network health to include availability, down time, utilization, capacity planning and etc.
- Implement, monitor, review and report on network security logs and IDS infrastructure for security policy violations and attacks
- Document and maintain network designs, configuration standards backup
- Document and maintain network infrastructure policies, procedures and other documentation
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in handling multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated skills working in a dynamic, fast paced and demanding environment
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially when communicating with internal customers.
– Fast learner – able to grasp concepts from on-the-job training
- Teamwork and internal customer skills
- Ability to work in a diverse multicultural environment
- Proficient in WiMAX infrastructure design and maintenance
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills of Cisco and Juniper core networks
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills of firewalls, IDS/IPS, and VPNs
- Strong knowledge of OSI network model and TCP/IP model and other networking protocol suites
- Strong knowledge of advance routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, ISIS, and OSPF
- Proficiency in MPLS networks management
- Strong knowledge of Layer-2 protocols including link aggregation and spanning-tree protocols
- Experience with creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting IPSec based VPN networks.
- Experience with deploying and troubleshooting QoS in a large WAN environment
- Knowledge of SIP and VoIP in a converged voice/data network
- Experience with use of Microsoft SharePoint, Visio, Word, and Excel for document and data management
- Knowledge of monitoring and configuration management applications
- Data network cabling knowledge
Experience and education
- 7+ years of experience with Cisco, Juniper, and HP networking gear in large WAN and LAN environments
- 7+ years of experience configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols, including BGP, OSPF, ISIS and EIGRP
- 5+ years managing network security devices such as IDS/IPS, NAC, Firewalls, ACL, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Network Engineering, Telecom Engineering, or related field
- Cisco and Juniper Certifications such as CCNP or CCIE
If interested, please apply at Senior Network Administrator (indeed.com)