An exciting Senior Manager, IT Security job has just become available at one of the most respected global financial institutions based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of IT Security, this is a role for an IT Security Officer who is a leader in their field.
About the Senior Manager, IT Security Role:
Reporting to the head of IT Security, you will be responsible for managing compliance risk inherent in day-to-day activities, process and systems.
- Drive the effective implementation of the company’s cybersecurity strategy and framework, explore and recommend the latest available technologies on cyber resilience, advance the company’s cybersecurity posture proactively, and regularly report on cybersecurity performance
- Oversee reporting on matters pertaining to security management and review the thresholds to reflect the current in cyber threat landscape
- Work closely with relevant groups in the alignment of cybersecurity strategy direction and initiatives
- Perform IT security risk assessments, monitor security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems, and develop a cybersecurity threat model / landscape to help guide resiliency and response
- Perform best practice standards for cyber resilience, with ability to leverage business communication skills to collaborate and communicate effective information security activities and processes in line with the cyber readiness programmes
- Ensure security service provider meets all security compliance and service level agreement requirements
- Assist in service delivery strategic planning process and update the technology plan/roadmap
- Maintain engagement with vendors, IT services and stakeholders
To succeed in the Senior Manager, IT Security job, you must have good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and thorough understanding of end-to-end IT operations and how IT interfaces with business, risk management and IT security compliance processes.
- Professional certificate, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or equivalent in computer science/information technology
- Should have at least seven years of IT security-related work experience
- Good communication skills in English,Malay language for both spoken and written
- Possesses good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and thorough understanding of end-to-end IT operations and how IT interfaces with business, risk management and IT security compliance processes
- Sound practical knowledge and understanding of security concepts/technologies (cryptography, application/web and network security, identity and access management, security protocols, SIEM administration, etc.)
- Strong technical aptitude, excellent control concept and ability to assess risks
This company is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Manager, IT Security job.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Senior Manager, IT Security (indeed.com)