Senior Linux System Administrator
Make a real difference supporting Linux systems users at a fast-growing and dynamic
Make a real difference supporting Large hybrid-cloud based infrastructure for clients and internal centralized directory based infrastructure at a fast-growing and dynamic IT organization.
Group Three IT Consultants is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Linux Systems Administrator with minimum of 8 years of experience with atleast 4 year managing larger infrastructure, to support our growing IT infrastructure. We have many high-impact applications and are developing more in cloud-based Linux environments.
The company supports a diverse range of clients in various industries, and offers a vibrant and intellectually stimulating work environment to its staff — currently numbering over 50, but steadily growing.
The Linux Systems Administrator will be a critical member of the informatics group and will provide orchestration, automation, tier-1 support, troubleshooting, backup and guidance for all of the company’s Linux-based systems. He or she will report to the IT Director and will work with internal Service Delivery and Product/Software development team to boost the productivity, managing/streamlining infrastructure.
Specific tasks will include:
- Managing Linux servers in cloud-hosting environments like Rackspace/AWS/Google/OpenStack
- Capacity and scaling management of high-traffic servers
- Design/Management of Openstack based private cloud and usage of it for faster delivery of service/solution to customers
- Plan and/or Manage (through provided team) Backup, Disaster Recovery and Highly Availability Solutions
- Manage Jenkins (CI), Git-Repositories and service delivery templates (vm/puppet)
- Exposure to following softwares are required Openstack, Ansible, Puppet, Icinga, Git, Jenkins, Bacula/Amanda and docker.
Master’s degree in information technology, computer science or related field, 8+ years’ experience administering Linux servers, excellent oral and written communication skills, friendly and willing to find/evaluate reasonable solutions based on formal procedures. A strong understanding of Linux systems and distributed/highly-available infrastructure is required.
To apply, send CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject set to JID# 1197