Interested in joining the team?
We are growing our talented tech team in Romania where we are hiring a Senior Java Software Engineer.
In this role you will develop cloud based RESTful Java APIs including interaction with databases with a focus on readable, maintainable, and well-tested code. You will also contribute your skills constructively as part of agile, cross-functional squads throughout the product delivery cycle.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement the Verifone mobile POS application as per product roadmap
- Aid in designing and implementing a more advanced software infrastructure
- Help create a new automated test and deployment system
- Take over from the current position holder
- Analyze the current system, draw up test plans, generate and execute multidiscipline tests (unit, contract)
- Mentor and coach other developers on your team
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Experience in Java and Spring Boot
- Strong hands-on experience in developing server side using Spring Boot
- Strong experience in ORM (. JPA, Hibernate), SQL and developing REST APIs
- Hands on experience with build and deployment tools such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins etc.
- Good understanding of AWS and its various tools
- Good knowledge of SQL (MySQL) and No-SQL databases
- Analytical and problem-solving mind set
- Experience with Unit testing
- Strong communication skills in English
- Experience in using MS office as well as drawing tools
- A self-motivated personality and fast learning abilities
- Good multi-tasking skills and the ability to deliver in a dynamic environment
Nice to have
- Payment domain knowledge
- Software industry experience preferably in a POS, integrated, or embedded systems environment
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP protocols family
- Cyber security experience (network, e-tokens)
- Experience in development of software for embedded systems
- Knowledge of payment systems and related technologies like ISO, EMV etc.
Why you’ll love working with us
- The opportunity to be part of the design and development of state the art payment applications software
- International work environment and a local team in an exciting growth phase
- Unique opportunity for personal growth
- Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus
- Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks (meal tickets, public transportation refund, gym subscriptions discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc.)
- Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from) for you and your children
- Bookster subscription
If interested, please apply at Senior Java Software Engineer (bestjobs.eu)