Cegeka is looking for in-house senior Java developers to create software applications on a project basis.
Cegeka is a leading IT company that offers qualitative solutions to its customers. We always strive for a tailor-made solution, say the ideal match for the customer to achieve his objectives. We also look for this match when expanding our team. Competences and character are essential to us, in addition to experience and ambitions. Cegeka continuously invests in talent management so that every employee can realize their potential.
What does the job entail?
- Develop complex and challenging business applications and work with the latest tools and technologies.
- Hands-on design and software development based on the functional analysis and you ensure good integration with external applications.
- Working in a driven agile team consisting of functional analysts, developers and an agile project leader / scrum master.
- Building high quality applications that generate additional business value for our customers.
- You are a true “software craftsman” who sees software development as a craft. You write qualitative, well-readable code and refactoring where necessary. You guarantee quality through test-driven development and continuous learning.
- Actively share your knowledge and contribute to the continuous improvement of the team’s operations.
- You can also use your technical knowledge in pre-sales processes.
Who are we looking for?
- A passionate Java developer with demonstrable professional experience in analysis, design, implementation and delivery of applications in Java technology.
- Having an excellent knowledge of OO design, including design patterns, is a must.
- Experience with application integration and excellent competencies in relational databases is essential. You can also bring your extensive No-SQL knowledge.
- You have in-depth knowledge of recent Java frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate, etc.)
- Insight into application lifecycle management, continuous integration and the necessary tools (Jira, GitHub, Docker, Gradle, etc.) is indispensable in this position.
- You are convinced of the benefits of Agile working or you are open to being convinced.
- Not only your knowledge is crucial, we find your motivation, insight and attitude just as important
- You have a very good knowledge of English and Dutch.
Why grow with Cegeka?
- Intensive teamwork in an open and dynamic atmosphere where new fresh ideas and initiatives can be started.
- Tailor-made guidance, where you indicate where your interests lie and where we look together at how we can help you further develop.
- Learning and knowledge sharing are central, so we offer numerous initiatives for this: innovation centers, reading groups, knowledge sharing meetings, hackatons, participation in conferences and external training courses.
- Depending on your own interests and initiatives, Cegeka offers different horizontal and vertical career paths.
- In addition to the gross salary, a premium company car with fuel card, meal vouchers, interesting group and hospitalization insurance, mobile phone subscription, fixed expense allowance and powerful laptop, we offer flexible working hours and a nice work / life balance.
- Compose your own remuneration package thanks to our Flex Reward Plan.
- Depending on where you live, you can work in our offices in Hasselt, Leuven, Ghent or Antwerp.
If interested, please apply at Senior Java Developer (cegeka.com)