For our client, the European Commission, we are looking for an experienced Java Developer. This is a long term assignment, full time. The successful candidate will be integrated, at the client’s premises, to an international team of professionals.
What does this position entail?
- Development and maintenance of software applications
- Configuration of workflow and security in the database
- Development and integration of technological components
- Implementation of user requirements
- Elaboration of test programs
- Integration with other applications
- Writing of technical documentation
- Assistance with deployment and configuration of the system
- Participation in meetings with the project teams.
Which skills and knowledge?
- In depth knowledge of application development environments
- Good knowledge of design and development of web and multi-tier applications
- Good knowledge of SQL (knowledge of the ORACLE dialect is an asset)
- Knowledge of EC methodologies (RUP, PM2) and tools (IBM Rational Team Concert) is an asset
- Strong willingness to learn and to understand the functional requirements; ability to develop non-explicit specifications
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following nontechnical skills:
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings
- Ability to understand, speak and write English
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on a large project
Why grow with Cegeka?
- YOU will be part of our mission:
- As a family-owned IT solutions provider founded on craftsmanship, we work In close cooperation with our customers.
- We help organizations create frictionless and highly personalized experiences for their customers, consumers and citizens.
- It is our ambition to become the leading European orchestrator of digital business platforms and ecosystems in our focus markets.
- YOU receive an attractive salary corresponding to your experience
If interested, please apply at Senior Java Developer (cegeka.com)