What do we do?
We believe it is important for every student to have a strong understanding of math to thrive in an increasingly data-driven world. Thus, Photomath aims to change the way students learn math. We’ve achieved viral, organic growth to become the most popular education app in the world with over 180 million downloads. With our mobile app, users can solve math problems instantly using their phone’s camera and get detailed step-by-step instructions to help maximize learning.
We’re looking to hire a Senior Frontend / UI Developer to work on our Creation Tools and help supercharge content creation at Photomath. We have various advanced, custom made systems for generating and displaying step-by-step solutions. Some content is WYSIWYG while some content is “programmed” using custom programming systems. In order to maximize content development productivity, tools used for creation (and evaluation) of this “content” need to be best in class. We are looking to expand the team that works on these components with a person knowledgeable in the art of creating user interfaces. All of our advanced content creation tools don’t mean much if our content creators are unable to understand them and use them to their full potential. An excellent user interface is self explanatory, fast and easy to use. We are looking for a candidate who can help us raise our creation tools UIs to the next level.
What is the Role?
- Responsible for developing key internal (mostly web-based) tools and components used by our content creation and software development teams
- Talk to internal product managers and develop features that help with productivity and internal/external processes
- Explore new approaches and implement new technologies to help make our content development processes be efficient and scalable
Our ideal candidate has:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in developing software with graphical user interfaces
- Experience in using web technologies to create interactive software and web applications
- Knowledge of React or equivalent framework for developing complex web applications
- Experience in using of components to break down complex software hierarchies into manageable chunks
- Good understanding of computer algorithms and data structures
- Know how to create usable web app UI and UX flows
- Skills in translating business goals into software features and software architecture
- The ability to talk to users and translate their desires into scalable product features
- Motivation to deal with more openly-defined problems where exploration and experimentation are required to find the optimal solution
- Desire to work on hard problems alone, without interruption but can also coordinate with other engineers to build a more complex system where integration of individually build components comes together
A plus is if you have:
- Any experience in backend web programming or writing desktop software
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum – to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaborative-heavy team atmosphere
- Learning opportunities through knowledge sharing, educations, and conferences
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
If interested, please apply at Senior Frontend / UI Developer [photomath.app]
Follow us on Instagram: Antal Croatia