At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
A lot to do despite Corona! Boehringer Ingelheim is still looking for new colleagues!With FARMERA, we have further expanded Boehringer Ingelheim’s (BI) digital product environment. FARMERA is a data platform for integrated health management of livestock. All measuring devices, sensors and actors deliver and receive data to analyze, predict and maintain health and wellbeing of farm animals. FARMERA is intended to be the key platform for farmers and veterinarians to keep their animals healthy and produce safe food for the world.Around this product, we have built a highly dynamic and self-organized Scrum team within the global IT department of BI. This team should grow and we are searching for a (Senior) Frontend Developer. Together with your team of further Developers, UX Designers and Data Scientist, you will give your best to continue to successfully advance FARMERA and so further shape BI’s digital product portfolio.Learn more about the global IT organization, your colleagues and the projects you will work on here: https://careers.boehringer-ingelheim.com/functional-areas/Corporate-functions/ITBased on your skills and experience, this position can be filled either as a Frontend Developer or as a Senior Frontend Developer.
Tasks & responsibilities
- The main task of your job is to design and develop business logic and frontend services for full-scale applications.
- You will develop high-quality code based on defined user stories, including unit/integration tests and code documentation of suitable quality for the product increments in rapid iterations.
- Moreover, you support, maintain and optimize our development and production system environments including the continuous delivery pipeline.
- As Senior, you will take over the complete responsibility and manage the development of the product.
- This includes providing full advice to our business partners (e.g. product owner) on all technical aspects of the systems.
- With your strong technical knowledge and experiences, you will also mentor and guide less experienced colleagues.
- All your tasks will be done using agile methodologies and in close collaboration with the Scrum team and the product owner to deliver a fully functioning and scalable application.
- At least Master´s degree in computer science or Engineering or Bachelor’s degree combined with relevant working experience
- First-hand experience of the intense collaboration in an agile software development team
- Professional experience and expert knowledge in state-of the art programming languages and frontend technologies, in particular Angular
- Proficient in HTML5/CSS and building responsive adaptive applications
- Experience in continuous development and deployment tools as well as container platforms and management systems (OpenShift, Docker, Jenkins, etc.)
- Proven Track record to run, maintain and debug complex systems in production
- Self-directed working and able to contribute and see ahead of the current development timeline
- Experience in mentoring and guiding less experienced team members
- English communications skills on a professional level (verbal and written)
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Senior Frontend Developer (indeed.com)