The ideal candidate
Octopus is looking for a talented, design-focused front-end developer to take a part in planning, building and maintaining our Clients’ branded, content-managed and eCommerce websites.
Working in close partnership with back end developers, you will provide front end project leadership to other in-house and offshore developers across our core PHP and .NET solutions to deliver exceptional user experiences and interactions.
You are a team player, can work unsupervised remotely, always strive to remain relevant and up to date. You are a great communicator, and are really focused on delivering your best code, that is both performant as well as clean.
- You will be joining a growing team of developers and will work closely with our design and UX departments on a variety of new and existing digital projects.
- Work closely with back end developers to ensure seamless integration and finalization
- products that are true to the creative vision.
- Work closely with Project Managers, providing estimates and insights for new work, and providing technical support in their communications with the Clients.
- Follow the leadership of the lead developer, and write excellent code, taking ownership of the quality and accuracy of your work
- Minimum 2 years full-time (or equivalent) commercial front-end development experience.
- An expert in front-end technologies: HTML5, CSS3, SCSS / SASS
- Very clear understanding of programming design patterns
- Understanding of accessibility and assistive technologies
- Knowledge of web technologies and web best practices
- Comfortable working across the stack
- Knowledge of CMS and e-commerce platforms desirable.
- Setup and configuration of build processes: (. Gulp, webpack etc)
- Good understanding of mobile device-oriented and cross-device development, cross-browser compatibility challenges, responsive and adaptive designs, web technology and standards evolution.
- Experience and methods for safely updating third-party vendor code
- Solutions-oriented thinking: always looking for the smartest or most appropriate solution to a problem, rather than jumping at the first answer
- Passion for software development and scalable architecture
- Confident user of version control and understanding of branching methods (. Gitflow)
- A collaborative approach to working in teams.
- Confidence in communicating clearly and concisely with people who have varying levels of technical literacy.
- Good knowledge of SEO and Web Accessibility standards.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
Octopus Digital works in partnership with Matter of Form, to deliver excellent CMS driven websites for global clients. We are based in Gheorgheni, Hargita, Romania.
We have a flexible approach to work, we reward creativity and loyalty.
We are currently 3 Back-end developers, and one front-end developer. We believe in a positive work environment, where you want to come in and contribute, and be part of the team.
The salary highlighted is indicative, the right candidate can name their starting salary.
If interested, please apply at Senior Front-End Developer (ejobs.ro)