Cobblestone Energy is an independent trading firm. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading. Although we have experienced very strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey. We have ambitions to go a lot further.
Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the world’s economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply, and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the world.
We specialise in the proprietary trading of the short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe. We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
Over the years we have grown organically. As part of our journey to be the best in all markets we enter, we would like to welcome a Senior Front-end Developer into our team. They will already be on a successful career path and looking to take the next step with increased responsibility and be a part of our growth story.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas
- The team is more important than the individual
- Being the best in any market we enter
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people
At Cobblestone Energy we are on a mission to build the most advanced European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our technology being used by our teams of commercial traders to create significant value. Being the Senior Front-end Developer of our team, you will work on exciting challenges that come with large-scale data processing, automation, and analytics. We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We are looking for enthusiastic and resourceful engineers who are passionate about building highly reliable and performance data processing solutions. You want to help the commercial team make data-informed decisions, have a curious mindset, and are motivated to understand our business better. Developing a strong domain knowledge of our industry over time is key to long term success in this role.
This is a rare opportunity to take a leading role in the growth of a major player in the European Electricity Markets. We are looking for someone who would be committed to the long-term success of the business. We operate in the European Energy markets, but our commercial trading operations are in Dubai, UAE. This role will be recruited and on-boarded remotely. Work shall be done from your home country with periodic travels to Dubai in which case Cobblestone Energy shall handle all visa and paperwork issues on your behalf.
We are looking for a senior experienced front-end developer to join our Tech team at Cobblestone Energy. You will be responsible for the server side of our applications and you will be also participating in setting the right Infrastructure and developing the needed tools for our Analytics.
If you have excellent programming skills, strong problem-solving skills, and a passion for developing and improving applications utilizing cutting edge technologies, then we would like to meet you.
It can be in our Dubai office or remotely with periodic travel to Dubai
Jumeirah Business Centre 2, Cluster V, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Developing Front end web applications utilizing cutting edge technologies and best practices.
- Ensuring scalable, highly available, high performance and robust implementation.
- Writing tested and documented applications & components.
- Cooperating with the back-end team in the process of building RESTful APIs to communicate between the client and the server.
- Collaborating with the tech team, traders, and other stakeholders to ensure that we are delivering state-of-the-art user experiences that match fully the requirements and expectations.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams including BAs to analyze, implement, and ship new features
- Participating actively in architecture, discussions and decisions related to front end development and front-end applications.
- Integrating with third-party data sources and SOAP/REST APIs
- Implementing bug fixes and improving/optimizing application performance
- 5+ years of experience in Front-end application development
- 4+ years of strong work experience in ReactJS / VueJS Frameworks.
- Knowledge of AngularJS Framework is a Big PLUS.
- 2+ years of experience in intensive real-time Frontend Applications.
- 2+ years of Experience in Automation Framework such as Selenium
- Strong Skills in frontend frameworks/libraries like jQuery, jQueryUI, AJAX, Bootstrap & Chart.js
- Knowledge of CSS pre-compilers like Sass and LESS is preferred.
- Solid Understanding of REST/SOAP APIs together with API testing tools.
- Previous work experience in Git/GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, and CI/CD pipeline
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Autonomous, critical-thinker & problem-solver with strong analytical mindset.
If interested, please apply at Senior Frontend Developer (greenhouse.io)